Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 simple ranking >

simple ranking

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

simple ranking

Old 12-24-2007, 09:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default simple ranking

Ok, Im considering rifles. Which do you prefer, Sako,Cz, Tika or another?

Old 12-25-2007, 06:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: simple ranking

Sakos are great factory rifles but look up the posts about browning a-bolts which are my favorite.
Old 12-25-2007, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think the best bang for your buck would have to go to CZ in my opinion. I have the CZ American in .22 and this thing is built like a $700 American made rifle. It's an absolute tack driver too.
Old 12-25-2007, 08:02 AM

I have a CZ and a Tikka and love them both. Sakos are also great rifles though. They make Tikka. Also i was looking at a Ruger M77 Hawkeye when i got my Tikka and like them both but the Tikka was a little shorter so that made my decision. If i didnt want a shorter lightweight gun i prob would have had to flip a coin. I have also shot a few Browning A-Bolts that shoot great.
Old 12-25-2007, 04:11 PM
Spike

There is a pretty wide range of prices between the three. If money does not come into the question, I would pick the Sako, if it is the biggest factor, I would most likely pick the CZ. I have a Sako 75, and consider it head and shoulders above the other 2 - smoother action by far, and I really like the stock design. The Tikka is a cheaper version of the Sako - in all respects, especially fit and finish. The CZ is a fine rifle, but not quite as refined as the Sako. All 3 will most likely shoot around MOA or better, so it will really depend on what you want/need and which fits you best.

Jason
Old 12-25-2007, 07:11 PM

There is no comparison between the three....The Sako is head and shoulders above the other two and the CZ in my opinion is in last place. I love the set trigger, but that's where it ends.....crude fit and finish and no more accurate than the similar priced Tikka. The Sakos have a reputation out of the 60's and 70's.....not sure they are holding true for the price. Thank you Beretta. Regards, Rick.
Old 12-26-2007, 05:47 PM

All three are good rifles, but as the other have said the quality runs from good to great, CZ, Tikka, then Sako. Most of the CZ's I've fired are very accurate. The rimfires usually shoot like rifle twice their price. Every Tikka and Sako I've owned have been capable of 1/2" or less at 100 yards with their favorite handloads. Most of them would do it with select factory loads.