Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 S&W Sigma or Glock,M&P,XD >

S&W Sigma or Glock,M&P,XD

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

S&W Sigma or Glock,M&P,XD

Old 12-14-2007, 02:40 PM
Fork Horn

Default S&W Sigma or Glock,M&P,XD

Are the Sigma 9mm or .40 S&W guns a decent value?

Or should I save my $ for a Glock, S&W M&P or Springfiled XD? Just for Protection or target practice.
Old 12-14-2007, 06:55 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: S&W Sigma or Glock,M&P,XD

ORIGINAL: wildchild04

Are the Sigma 9mm or .40 S&W guns a decent value?

Or should I save my $ for a Glock, S&W M&P or Springfiled XD? Just for Protection or target practice.
Save your money for a glock or XD. Myself, I perfer the Glock. I like the no-nosense approach of no safety, rachet a round, and rock and roll.

Old 12-14-2007, 09:40 PM

Go for a glock
Old 12-14-2007, 11:00 PM

Wait and get the Glock, you won't regret it.
Old 12-15-2007, 12:58 AM

Glocks are nice reliable guns, but I don't care for them. I have shot a few. I suggest buy the XD. I have one in a .40, and will be buying one in a .45 when I return from the Sandbox. If you don't mind shopping around, you can find an HK compact used for the same price range. IMO, that is a better gun than those listed. If you have to have it new though , you will spend 7-900 for one.

good luck

Old 12-15-2007, 02:08 AM
Fork Horn

Not going to say anything new that isn't already said..... Glock or and XD... Both great guns, have shot both in MY hands the XD felt better and I shot it better... Either way you won't bet disappointed. The Sigma isn't a bad gun but not quite as nice as the other two...
Old 12-15-2007, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Known LEO's for decades and one thing I have consistently heard from them... Smith is good at revolvers & not so hot at automatics. I would compare Glock's & XD's. Both makes have their own forums, and you can see what their fans regard as their strengths & weaknesses.
Old 12-15-2007, 09:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've never owned a Glock but I do own a S&W 40VE Sigma stainless steel. It's a good gun for the money. I had a issue with one of the magazines and sent it to S&W. They sent me a brand new magazine. I got a good deal on a H&K USP 40 and that is twice the gun the S&W is. One thing about it, there is probably more law enforcement officers carrying Glocks so that should say something.
Old 12-15-2007, 12:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

On duty I carry a full size H&K USP in .40 S&W, excellent firearm but I and many of us don't care for it, prior to this we carried the S&W 4046, piece of crap, we all carry off duty....GLOCKS, either the 23 or 27, and we all love them
Old 12-15-2007, 11:25 PM

I think as soon as the XD has been around as long as the GLock, it has a chance of becoming just as popular. Sure. Lots of LE agencies carry them, but lets look at how long they have been out. Don't take me wrong, I have said before, they are excellent guns, high quality, and reliable, I for the most part don't like how they feel.

Quick Reply: S&W Sigma or Glock,M&P,XD

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.