Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Shilin Kreiger or other? >

Shilin Kreiger or other?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Shilin Kreiger or other?

Old 12-02-2007, 01:37 PM
Typical Buck

Default Shilin Kreiger or other?

Looking to build a rifle or twoand I just wonder who makes the best barrel? It's going to be 700 action chambered for 35 STA or 35 Whelen in a 1-12 twist (Just In Case). I may build a 280 also.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Shilin Kreiger or other?

Well, I believe that Kreiger is regarded as one of the best barrels you can get. Might it be overkill to put it on a hunting rifle? IMO, maybe.
Old 12-02-2007, 03:00 PM
Typical Buck

It cost 25-30 thousand dollars to hunt Big Horn Sheep, what does 1 thousand dollars extra mean to have a custom barrel fitted action squared lugs lapped. INSURANCE that I'm the only one to blame.

Kritter getters are far more important to methan paper punchers, Deer, Moose, Elk, Bear, Cape Buffalo, MT Goat, BH Sheep, Gatorfeel pain and cost more than a 99 cent paper target. Hitting where I point is the most important thing to me, if I want to shoot one of the 275 A-Square or 310 Woodleigh's in a 35 Whelen or 358 STAI need a 1-12 custom barrel.
Old 12-02-2007, 04:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have used barrels by Kreiger,schneider.Hart,Mclennon,pac-nor and Gaillard.The schneider and gaillard fouled the least,and the Schneider was the fastest barrel.Accuracy wise,they were all pretty much comparable,but the scheider,gaillard and kreiger may have been just slightly better than the others.
Old 12-02-2007, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

It all comes down to you pulling the trigger at the right time. You can miss with a $3,000 rifle just as easy as you can with a $400 Walmart special. Spending an extra $1000 isn't a guarantee that you'll hit your target though. I'm sure if you could look back at all the animals that were killed with rifles, you probably wouldn't find too many Kriegers, PacNor's orSchillen's on the rifles that took them. It's your money though. Good luck.
Old 12-02-2007, 07:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

You can miss with a $3,000 rifle just as easy as you can with a $400 Walmart special.
But he can't buy the chambering and rate of twist that he wants at wallmart.
Old 12-03-2007, 06:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's true. But i didn't realize that Bighorn Sheep were that picky as to what they prefer to be shot with. Them darn sheep are getting smarter every day huh?
Old 12-03-2007, 08:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Funny no one mentioned Bartlein...startup barrel company that started with Kriegers shop foreman and a few Krieger employees.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

The 4 brands that I've had the best luck with in hunting type barrels are snieder,lilja,kregier,andhart. I fully understand that you want the very best you can get and admire you for that. There's a LOT of difference between top of the line,and mass produced rifles,and some people don't know the difference.
Old 12-03-2007, 04:02 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter

Funny no one mentioned Bartlein...startup barrel company that started with Kriegers shop foreman and a few Krieger employees.
Well, have you had a rifle built with that barrel? How was it? Did you like it?

Quick Reply: Shilin Kreiger or other?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.