Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Benelli Super 90 autoloader  - Sporting >

Benelli Super 90 autoloader - Sporting

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Benelli Super 90 autoloader - Sporting

Old 12-01-2007, 08:40 PM
Spike

Default Benelli Super 90 autoloader - Sporting

Hi,

At one of my favorite gun shops I ran across a Benelli Super 90 autoloader in realtree. It comes with its original case and all its accessories. The gun is in nice shape clean and does not look like it has spent much time in the field. I have seen Benelli's ads but don't have experience with them or know anyone who does.

The gun is light weight and looks like it would make a nice gun for upland birds. But again, I don't much about it like its reliability, how it will function with field loads, etc.

Any information would be appreciated. Also, what is a reasonable price?

Thanks.
Old 12-01-2007, 08:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Benelli Super 90 autoloader - Sporting

I have a few M1 Super 90 Benelli's and in my opinion they are the best auto you can get. I have no idea what a good used price would be on one. I do know if I could find another one in good shape with a 24" barrel I'd be bringing it home with me.
Old 12-02-2007, 06:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Have had one for years and it's worked flawlessly. Enough so that any additional semi-auto shotguns I buy will be Benelli as well.
Old 12-02-2007, 03:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought my first Benelli M1 Super 90 in 1995, which after literally 1000's of rounds, has functioned flawlessly without a hiccup. My gun is a H&K import, but my son has a newer BenelliUSA Super 90 in Advantage camo that is also a top notch gun. I have owned a couple of older Realtree models that were nice guns, but I am not into camo guns. The beauty of the inertia system in a Benelli is the simplicity. Keep a Benelli even marginally clean and lubed and shoot the piss out of it.

As far as price, I wouldn't pay over $800 for an older Realtree gun, but you should be able to get it for $700-750.