Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
 benelli super blackeagle II >

benelli super blackeagle II

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

benelli super blackeagle II

Old 01-04-2008, 07:18 PM
Spike

Default benelli super blackeagle II

I am buying this gun tomarrow. Wanted to know what the best brand/load in 3.5in shells for this gun. Also what are the best choke tubes? I think they come with carlson's. I went on their website and was looking at crioextended steel chokes. Not sure if I should get close, mid or extended range. Or should be looking at another brand chokes. thanks for the help
Old 01-04-2008, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: benelli super blackeagle II

Best brand of shells and choke for turkey, geese, quail.......?
Old 01-04-2008, 07:42 PM
Spike

was also looking at pattermaster and kicks chokes
ducks?
geese?
thanks
josh
Old 01-04-2008, 07:49 PM

i hear a patternmaster is good for it. Really depends on the gun, get one and pattern it and see how it is. I want a sbe2 since i dont really have a waterfowl gun really. Im thinking of getting one in the future
Old 01-04-2008, 08:26 PM

The Benelli SBE II comes w/crio chokes not carlson's. How much are you paying for this gun? You should shop around because when I bought mine I looked around and found them between 1200-1500 bucks. For the money you should get one in camo. It is hard to recommend a choke since we don't know what you plan on doing with this gun. Don't let anybody talk you out of making this purchase. This is hands down the best gun I have ever owned!!!!! However just know ahead of time they generally don't handle a 1oz. load of shot that well. I have numerous friends who own Benelli SBE II's and they all love them. Good luck on buying a great gun!
Old 01-05-2008, 07:56 AM
Spike

I am buying it used from a friend of my buddies. Needs money ina bad way. This gun is only 4 months old camo color and has only had half a box shot through it. I will be using this for ducks and geese. The best part is I am getting it for 800.00
Old 01-05-2008, 08:27 AM
Fork Horn

I have a buddy who has two SBE 2s (has a sugar mama)and he has Patternmasters in both of them. Heshoots nothing but Kent Faststeel for ducks. His duck gun isreed camo with a 28" barrel and I believe he has a mid range Patternmaster in it. His uses the other one for turkeys. It is black and has a 26" barrel with an extended range choke. Good luck with the gun, you will not be disappointed. Let us know what you decide.