Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Shepherd Scopes info please >

Shepherd Scopes info please

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Shepherd Scopes info please

Old 11-06-2007, 08:21 PM

Default Shepherd Scopes info please

Does anyone have any reviews or coments on Shepherd scopes. I was considering one for my .270 700 sendero. I live in CO, so long range is an common occurence.

Any information on these scopes would be great. Any hunting stories are welcome as well.

Thanks
Mike
Old 11-07-2007, 09:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Shepherd Scopes info please

Agree with RR..........
Old 11-07-2007, 11:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Beg to differ yall-sheperd scopes work really well once you get used to them,I have 3 mounted right now. For the average joe who don't want to learn about milliradians and such they WORK. They have the most exacting bdc on the market except for custom reticules. Try 1 yall and you'll learn to respect it-I did. I'm not saying they take the place of serious 2000.00-3000.00$ tactical scopes but they work.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

IF I had all the money I could poop off, I'd try one of those Leica laser rangfinding scopes. That way you don't have to fool with a real "busy" scope reticle. Some have so many lines and dots, etc., it has to make finding the target a real chore!
Old 11-08-2007, 07:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Shepherd's work orotherwise they would be out of business by now. I think the image is kinda busy myself and I much prefer a conventional reticle or a B&C or something along those lines with a rangefinder. I have a Kahles 3.5-10x50with the TDS system and it works fine when shooting at the range so far have not shot an animal where I had to use its features. A good benefit is youdon't need a rangefinder with a TDS you just have to memorize the radians for a specific animal. With a rangefinder the B&C or the new Rapid Z reticle by Zeiss would be the ticket. Your also going to get much better optics then you would find on a shepherd..
Old 11-08-2007, 09:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

Shepard scopes are as good as it gets. They work perfect. Best range fiding /Comp scopes made. I have seen many of them in action.