Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Lightfield Slug question >

Lightfield Slug question

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Lightfield Slug question

Old 11-09-2011, 06:40 AM
Spike

I have been shooting lightfield out of my remington 1100 for 12 years. I have found that their trajectory chart on the box to be very accurate. I zero them at around 22 to 23 yards which shows zero at 100 yds. I have shot a few deer at 100to 125 yards and it hits every time. i also feel that they are the hardest hitting slug on the market. I have only had 1 deer run after shooting it. That was last year on a monster 15 pointer that dressed at 235 lbs. He only ran 30 yds. Every other deer that I have shot with them have dropped in their tracks. I also shot a doe on the run one time, didnt lead enough and hit her in the hams. She wet straight dowm and I could put my fist through the exit woud and could not touch any meat. I think that they are devistating. Plus how often realistically are you going to shoot over 50 to 60 yards in the woods. Here in the river bottoms and thickets in Indiana you usually cna not see much farther than that. Good Luck
Old 11-09-2011, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

sight in to be 2" or 2.5" high at 50 yards
Old 11-09-2011, 07:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have my own thoughts and opinions on sighting in.

No matter how a guy decides to set his gun up the key is knowing the drop and just as importantly being able to recognize those distances when you are out of the controlled shooting situation (i.e. range) and in the field.

Range finders aren't just for bowhunters.