Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 The Win 70 Is Back >

The Win 70 Is Back

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

The Win 70 Is Back

Old 11-03-2007, 12:05 PM
Dominant Buck

Default The Win 70 Is Back

http://outdoorlife.blogs.com/thegunshots/2007/10/winchester-mode.html

and

http://www.golfbusinesswire.com/shooting_wire_release.html?releaseID=122665
Old 11-03-2007, 12:17 PM

Default RE: The Win 70 Is Back

Take a used car, give it a paint job and try to sell it for 3 times what it is worth. That is what this company is trying to do.

Winchester is NOT back in buisness, what has happened is that another company has bought the patent and is going to manufacture the Model 70 Type rifle.

A 1955 Chevrolet cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $3000 new.

I could buy the patent for the dies and the design and manufacture a brand new 1955 Chevrolet. But with a price tag of $150,000 - I do not think that there would be many people that would be willing to shell out that kind of money to buy one.

I would not be called Chevrolet, I would not be allowed to call myself Chevrolet. But I could manufacture their style of automobile. I could buy the name Chevrolet, but I still wouldn't be the origional Chevrolet.

Invest you money in worthwhile ventures and not fly by night companies.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I read in Shooting Times Magazine that Browning was supposed to be the one with the rights to Winchester? Are they not the ones making the new ones?
Old 11-03-2007, 01:20 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: The Rifleman

Winchester is NOT back in buisness, what has happened is that another company has bought the patent and is going to manufacture the Model 70 Type rifle.

Invest you money in worthwhile ventures and not fly by night companies.
The All-American Model 70s will be built by American craftsmen in Columbia, South Carolina.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:42 PM
Fork Horn

I've got a number of the old ones........sure like to compare...LOL
Dan
Old 11-03-2007, 04:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

FN owns both the desings and such for the Winchester firearms as well as Browning. as mentioned above, simply making the actiona dn sticking the Winchester rollmarkings on them doesn't make them the same thing as before. Could be as good, better or worse. I do NOT see how they'll be worth the prices they are getting as a MSRP. they'll sell for less of course but even then there's other makes/models I'd go for before one of these.
As for them being made here in the States, remember it was the greed of American union workers that killed them before.
Old 11-03-2007, 04:45 PM
bigcountry

You know, I am glad its back. But for these initial price speculations, I would just buy a Kimber, and get the same thing but better.

They have to compete with the Rem 700, and asking well over 800 dollars aint going to do it.

Old 11-04-2007, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm glad to hear they'll be back but at those prices a new M70 won't be accompanying my M94 in 307 any time soon. FN made some of the best Brownings ever produced and my Interarms MK X in 30-06 looks just like a Browning. i do like that they are going back to the pre 64 controlled round feed.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

You know, I am glad its back. But for these initial price speculations, I would just buy a Kimber, and get the same thing but better.

They have to compete with the Rem 700, and asking well over 800 dollars aint going to do it.
My thoughts exactly. I'm glad they are back but the price seems out of whack. I'd also opt for the Kimber in that price range.

Tom
Old 11-05-2007, 08:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

Keep in mind that these are suggest retail prices. Prices in the gun shops will likely be a couple hundred less.

Have you guys checked the prices on a Remington 700 CDL lately? They ain't far off the $800 mark.

As for the Kimber and Browning I would much rather have an FN made model 70 than either of the other two.

Winchester is NOT back in business, what has happened is that another company has bought the patent and is going to manufacture the Model 70 Type rifle.
And how is this different than any of the Winchesters made since 1965?

A 1955 Chevrolet cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $3000 new.
Guns today, even at $1000 for a model 70, cost less to own in regards to wagesVS. prices back in the 50's and 60's.
That's the definition of nostalgia......... Remembering yesterdays prices with out regard to yesterdays wages.

Quick Reply: The Win 70 Is Back

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.