Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Just got a new rifle! >

Just got a new rifle!

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Just got a new rifle!

Old 10-18-2007, 11:35 AM
Typical Buck

Default Just got a new rifle!

My hunting partner just called me and said he would trade me his Savage 7mm. I can't wait to get it. It has a synthetic stock and a steel bull barrel. It weighs a ton but that helps with the recoil. I was over at his place shooting with him when hefirst showed it to me. He bought it from a friend who was having hard times. He said he really didn't want it but he wanted to help out his friend. I told him I liked it and he said he wouldn't mind selling it to me for what he paid. Later he said he liked mysingle six and would trade for it. I don't have a need for the pistol and it makes my wife nervous having it in the house with the kids. Don't know why rifles don't seem to bother her. Anywho, I'm going to pick it up this weekend.It has a Simmons Aztec scope on it. That might have to change. I'm not sure how good the Aztec's are.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Just got a new rifle!

Sounds great. I assume it has the accu-trigger? I love those things!!! The Simmons Aetec's are o.k., particularily the older models. However, with that being said, I am always trying to upgrade to the best glass I can manage. Simmons is not on my short list.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Just got a new rifle!

You won't have any trouble with that Aetec. I have almost every brand of scope including Leupold and Nikon. The Aetec hold its own in every department. They are nothing like the cheaper Simmons scopes. I have also never had a problem with the Pro-Hunter straight power scopes from Simmons.