Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 auto loader rifle and pump rifle >

auto loader rifle and pump rifle

Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

auto loader rifle and pump rifle

Old 10-24-2005, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default auto loader rifle and pump rifle

Doese anyone have a browning auto loader? How do you like it? I was looking at them and thought they looked interesting. Doese anyone have a pump rifle either? What do you think of those?
Old 10-24-2005, 08:09 AM

Default RE: auto loader rifle and pump rifle

I have a remington 760 Gamemaster in .300 Savage( one of the older models they made) and .308. Its quick to load and unload, and if need may rise. you'lll probably get out your shots faster than a bolt because of the action. Accuracy wise, i cant really see a difference from anything else.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:32 AM
bigcountry

Love em both. Work great.

Old 10-24-2005, 09:48 AM

i know a guy with the browning BAR
it's sweet, definitly get hte browning
Old 10-24-2005, 09:17 PM

My grandfather has both the Remington 7600 and 7400. I have shot both and are pry one of the smoothest and fastest shooting pump and auto rifles on the market today. just my .02$

Old 10-24-2005, 09:37 PM

Comparing the 7400 too the BAR is like comparing a Yugo too a SL500. The Remington is "what it is" while the BAR is a quality piece of equipment that is capable of shooting bolt action like groups and has the strength to hold up too generations of abuse. The new Long/Short Tracs are that much better IMHO because they are so light and the looks are growing on me.

The Benelli autoloader is a shooter and quality likewise, but I just don't care for that "Eurotrash" styling. As for the 7600, if I had to use either I suppose I would take the pump over the auto. But neiter I have ever seen or been around were decent shooters. Both the 7400 and the 7600 have always been marketed to a distinct type of rifle buyer and most of them are not season long, serious shooters who are concerned about quality and accuracy. They are more concerned with spraying bullets allover the woods and that fact is obvious by the fact that they are more concerned with their 2nd shot than their 1st shot in the first place.

Sorry but like Big E said, "That's the way the mop flops"!!!
RA
Old 10-25-2005, 03:02 AM

I would go with the Browning BAR. It is a high quality rifle, and available in a vast array of good hunting calibers. You can also get it with the synthetic stock as well, which is a plus if you ask me. Overall I think that the Browning autos are better than the Remington autos or pumps.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

There is nothing wrong with the 7600 pump,they are good shooters and hold up well.
The 7400 is not a Browning or the Beneli but its 300 bucks less also.It will kill deer just the same.

Now I'm aposed to Red,I don't like the short trac's or the long,I like the older style,but we both agree they are built for life.
BBJ
Old 10-25-2005, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Personally I like the Browning pump rifle over the Remington pump ,but find it kind of a toss-up between the rem 7400 and the browning BAR . I had trouble with both of them at one time or another , but never did need a second shot to kill anything,so maybe they shoot a little .
Old 10-25-2005, 06:38 PM

The accuracy of the 7600s I've owned has equaled or beaten that of the Remington 700s in similar calibers that I used to own. The 7600s that my hunting partners own have all been 1.5" or less shooters off the bench with their preferred loads.They have all been 100% reliable, easy to carry, point well,and have killed a load of deer for us here in Maine.

Unlike RedAllison's claim, none of us are really all that concerned about taking a second shot as we rarely have had to.If you do your part, the 7600 will be up to the task.

Quick Reply: auto loader rifle and pump rifle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.