Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 America is Most Armed!!!!!!!!! >

America is Most Armed!!!!!!!!!

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

America is Most Armed!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-29-2007, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: America is Most Armed!!!!!!!!!

Good deal. I count for about 150 people. Maybe I'll just up that figure a little. Good shootin' all.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:54 PM

I love the facts they give us. To make it seem like we have way more guns than we do they say "...has 90 guns for every 100 citizens..." and then later they make a statement, "...this drops to about one firearm per 10 people...". Why not just keep the numbers straight and say "10 per 100" or "9 out of 10"? I know, the media hates us. Those india and china facts seem oddly skewed too, it might be because there are way more people in those countries too.

Oh well, looks like I need to raise the number a bit more. I'm only counting for about 20 people.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

we need to all help raise that number. we need to all go out and buy one gun this weekend
Old 08-31-2007, 06:59 PM

There's nothing wrong with owning a couple of high powered centerfire (sniper)rifles, a shotgun, handgun,a compound bow, and a 4 wheel drive! A country boy can survive!
Old 09-01-2007, 02:44 PM

I'm guessingthat those "facts" are skewed a little bit. I didn't see Israel anywhere on that list. From what I understand, they have a conscript army, and every male over the age of 18 MUST serve, and then be ready to serve at a moments notice. Because of this, each man is required to keep a state issue firearm in his home.

IIRC, there are several countries like that.

A friend of mine is fond of saying, "Statistics are like bikinis. They show you some nice stuff, but hide what you really want to see."
Old 09-01-2007, 10:17 PM

The thing with the Iraeli guns is that they are state issued, I believe the statistics are only giving us civilian owned (purchased) guns. If it wereincluding government property, that number in the US would be way higher.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

This is a great country, isn't?

Safe shooting, everyone; good luck in the field this fall...