Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Bushmaster Varminter >

Bushmaster Varminter

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Bushmaster Varminter

Old 08-21-2007, 06:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Bushmaster Varminter

Does any one have one or shot one before. The one with the 24" fluted barrel. I found an upper on GunBroker and I am pretty sure I am going to buy it. Gunblast said it was very good, but I just wanted a few more opinions.

Thanks in Advance
Old 08-21-2007, 08:00 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Bushmaster Varminter

I seen a guy at a gunclub in PA a few weeks ago shoot a score with one freehanded and prone at 200 yards. Like 491 out of 500. I thought that was impressive. I have shot the DCM rifle some and find it exceptionally accurate.That was an A2 National match upper. I was shooting open sighted but was hitting the cast steel 6" circle over and over off handed.

Old 08-21-2007, 08:26 PM

I personally owned one and it is a very accurate rifle. I don't know the group size, but it was as good as any bolt action rifle. The plus side is the match trigger, very smooth. The down side for me was the all metal round hand guard. It gets cold here in Montana. I was into Bushmaster for a long time until I got into big bore. MV out!
Old 08-21-2007, 09:50 PM

Bushmaster are good guns.. I used to have one in the M4 Size. If it has a good price buy it. I sold mine when I moved to Cali, and have since bought a DPMS, and replaced the upper with a 1/7 Match upper from double star.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:06 PM
Fork Horn

i have looked at one before. bushmaster, RRA, and DMPS, all quality rifles, but i think the finish on the dpms (if you can live with the panther) is second to non. back to the bushmaster, it should shoot MOA or really close out of the box. its a very good setup.my only advice as with any AR is to upgrade the trigger (with the exeption of RRA's factory two stage, great trigger!)
Old 08-22-2007, 01:11 AM

I agree on the trigger. I replaced mine with a JP match trigger. Easy to install yourself. It comes with a DVD that shows you how to do it step by step. If you have any mecanical skills whatsoever, you should have no problem with it.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

I already have the whole lower built (CMMG lower, RRA parts, RRA NM 2-stage trigger) so I am just going to buy the upper alone.

Thanks guys, I am going to call the guy right now.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

anything bushmaster makes in great