Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 What's with the bias against Weatherby?? >

What's with the bias against Weatherby??

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

What's with the bias against Weatherby??

Old 08-12-2007, 04:06 PM
DM

Default RE: What's with the bias against Weatherby??

Ditto for me.No, i do not like heavy rifles. Yes, i can carry the gun and game back down the hill, but when i do i can only make love to my wife three times that night.
HA HA HA
Old 08-12-2007, 05:16 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: falcon

"I thought you wanted to know why people had bias against weatherby. I didn't know you just wanted people to reply to sing praises about your gun so you feel good about your purchase."

Ditto for me.No, i do not like heavy rifles. Yes, i can carry the gun and game back down the hill, but when i do i can only make love to my wife three times that night.
Lots of action at the falcon house? Last name isn't north is it?

Old 08-13-2007, 11:19 AM

Three times...............not to shabby!!! If you were shooting a weatherby you would only need to do it once!!!! Don't worry, I'm not going to sing any praises about your sex life, only bash it (seems to be the way things work around here) Good luck with your hunts this season

Later

Old 08-13-2007, 12:17 PM
bigcountry

Hey temp, just curious, do you own dozens of guns? Or just a few or what?

Old 08-13-2007, 01:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

If you were shooting a weatherby you would only need to do it once!!!! Don't worry, I'm not going to sing any praises about your sex life, only bash it (seems to be the way things work around here) Good luck with your hunts this season
Tempehunter, you asked for everyones thoughts about Weatherby rifles so we gave them to you and you proceded to get defensive about our thoughts.

And the big thing about it is that you don't even shoot a Weatherby. You shoot a HOWA 1500. That's what a Vanguard is, a HOWA 1500.

So we really don't know why you are getting defensive in the first place.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

Good point.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

man how deep is this hole gonna get

Old 08-13-2007, 10:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have had at least 10 mark IV's and they were all accurate and well made.
Mark IVs?Never heard of them.However,I did own two mark Vs and was very disappointed in the accuracy of both considering the price.On the other hand,the howa rifles(sold as vanguards by Weatherby)have proven to be a good value for the price.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:43 AM

this argument is no different than if the topic were cars or any product. some people like them and some don't. the only common ground is that everyone would have one if they did not have to fork out the money, so they satisfy themselves by buying something they can afford and base their argument on these premise
Old 08-14-2007, 12:04 PM

ORIGINAL: cdhunt

this argument is no different than if the topic were cars or any product. some people like them and some don't. the only common ground is that everyone would have one if they did not have to fork out the money, so they satisfy themselves by buying something they can afford and base their argument on these premise

I agree with you cdhunt. Some mechanics that i have been to love chevy's and say that they always see more fords in their shop while the guy across town says the exact opposite. Its a matter of preference.

I own a Mark V .340 and I have carried it on two elk hunts (one of which was succesful) andmany deer hunts. I have found that with factory bullets I get 1 1/2 inch groups at 100 definitely not stellar but pretty good. The 250 grain Noslers sure make a lasting impression onelk! BTW: the best shot on game I have ever seen was made with this rifle. My brother hit a runningwhitetail doe at 370 paces with a 200 grain spire point. As for as being long and heavy, I have to agree. When I deer hunt I would rather have my 30-30 or 243 but the 340 wasn't designed to hunt deer up close like we do in East Texas. I can't think of a better elk rifle though. I would definitely own another weatherby and I am currently coveting a weatherby accumark 30-378.

Quick Reply: What's with the bias against Weatherby??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.