Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 remington Corelokt >

remington Corelokt

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

remington Corelokt

Old 08-07-2007, 10:55 AM

Default remington Corelokt

I was just wondering how many people actuallly hutn with this bullet..Ive heard good things about it and when i go to gun shops around here they sell hundreds of boxes of them...i was just wondering what everyones take is on these bullets? ive always hunted with them but was wondering if i am cheating myself by not trying somthing different..thanks guys..
mike
Old 08-07-2007, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: remington Corelokt

For deer within 250-300 yards they are just fine. And that is way further than most will shoot regularly (unless you're shooting beanfields). Unless you are shooting a firearm with incredible velocity they will serve you well, provided you are satisfied with the accuracy they can provide in your rifle.

Most guns shoot better than most shooters, and most commercial bullets do an excellent job.
Just be sure that your intended quarry is within the boundaries of the core-loct capabilities. For most deer hunting, heck for most hunting period, they will suffice.
When you wander into bear country or are going on a hunt of a lifetime for bigger stuff, you'll find better choices.
It's all about velocity, bullet construction, and what you plan to punch a hole in. That said, most Winchester, Federal, and Remington offerings on the shelves have been tested until the cows come home.
This is not to say there aren't superior items available for special purposes. It's just that the bigger commercial companies pretty much know their trade. And they offer the upgrades anyway.
Handloading can always provide you a better product as long as you know what you're doing and realize that it will be mostly an accuracy improvement rather than a cartridge terminal performance issue.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Core Lokt is my favorite bullet for my 308 and 35 Rem. Excellent controlled expansion and accuracy with superb performance.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

From 1980 until 1995 or so they were all I used, killed 75 or so deer with them...

I then asked the same question that your are...Tried about 8-10 other bullets, either I or a close hunting buddy shot 7-8 deer with each and evaluated if they did any better than a CoreLokt...

Went back to CoreLokts last year, killed 6 more deer with, they work as good as any...
Old 08-07-2007, 01:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

I use 100 gr. PSP CoreLokt's out of my .243 on whitetails. Haven't lost one yet...
Old 08-07-2007, 01:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

They are excellent bullets for most all big game as long as you choose the right weight bullet for the job. The bigger the game, the heavier per caliber bullet.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good bullets. You can drive em from stem to stern.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:16 PM

My daddy reloaded his own ammofor years, and we used nothing but Sierra150 gr Boattailsin our 30/06's.

Then a guy brought a .270 Winchester up to camp. Daddy talked him into selling him that old gun for $300.

My dad bought dies, and bullets and reloaded his own shells - back to factory duplicate loads with IMR 4350 powder and we took a box of his shells to the range along with a box of Remingtons.

On paper we couldn't tell the difference. They shot the same , and the ballistics chart reccomended the factory duplicate load for accuracy.

I have lost deer in the past to the Sierra Boattails because they didn't expand, but I never lost one to a Remington Core Lokt.

You don't need a $4 a shell ammo to kill a 120 lbs whitetail deer.

Dollar for dollar probablysome of the best ammoon the market and they have killed millions of deer in Pennsylvania, I'm sure of that.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:24 PM
bigcountry

I used coreloks for alot of years before I started reloading, feeling the need only to shoot little clover leafs. Generally they are not the most accurate ammo, but performs great on game when you pick the right weight for the job.

Old 08-07-2007, 03:42 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

I used coreloks for alot of years before I started reloading, feeling the need only to shoot little clover leafs. Generally they are not the most accurate ammo, but performs great on game when you pick the right weight for the job.
Have to agree with BC.....

Quick Reply: remington Corelokt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.