Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Sent it off

Old 06-17-2007, 08:40 AM
Typical Buck

Default Sent it off

I sent my rifle off to get a trigger job done. It's a ruger mkII. I told them I wanted it between 2.5 and 3 #. From what they said the gunsmith there will be able to get all the creep gone. It wasn't terible at 3.5# but quite creepy. I should get it back in bout a week or so. The range owner said that with a Ruger my best bet was to get the job done first then if I still wanted something else to replace the trigger. If it works out it will have saved me $75. I'm already anxious to get it back.
Old 06-17-2007, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Sent it off

Well, can't say I have handled andy factory MkII's lately with 3.5 pounds of pull. Not a bad start.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:59 PM

Let me know how it goes. I'm thinking about sending off my MKII to lighten it's trigger to 3 pounds. There's no creep but I would still like it lighter then the 9 pounds. I called them and they told me $50 for the trigger job, another $50 for the shipping and handling and they would only lighten it down to 3 pounds.
Old 06-23-2007, 05:56 AM
Typical Buck

Think you were lucky getting one in 3.5 lbs,every ruger I have had and have came with 6 to 9 lbs.After I got the trigger down all became great shooters.
Old 06-23-2007, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ruger triggers are reasonably easy to work, Not as easy as turning screws like a Remington but drive out 2 pins and the trigger is disassembled.
3.5lbs is exactly what I want on a hunting rifle.
Old 06-23-2007, 08:06 AM
bigcountry

For me, I would have just replaced the trigger, I have yet to see a good ruger trigger adjusted. Let us know how it goes. Hopefully they will follow savage's example by puttinga good trigger on their guns.

Old 06-23-2007, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wonder if Ruger will do the triger job if you complain to them.

A few years ago I bought a Ruger single action revolver (Bearcat). The fixed sights were way off and the trigger was heavy and gritty. I sent it in to get the sights reset (likely involved having the barrel turned one way or another), and they did a very nice trigger job without me even asking. Ruger hasn't been on the top of my list of favorite gun manufacturers, but their customer service moved them up my list a few notches.
Old 06-23-2007, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had my local gunsmith do mine and I only paid $35.00 for it.It went from 6lbs to a very crisp 2lbs,I can tell you it went from being ok to great.
Old 06-23-2007, 08:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

My gunsmith charges about 40.00 for a Ruger trigger
I also have never seen a factory Ruger trigger less than 6 or 7.