HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   Sub-MOA Rifles (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/193639-sub-moa-rifles.html)

James B 06-09-2007 07:21 AM

RE: Sub-MOA Rifles

Most of the 700 Remington rifles I have owned, to many to count, would do three shot groups under one inch when the right load was found. I won't give up on a rifle until I have tried every conceivable useful load. Many just take a while to shine or are picky about loads. I have had several custom rifles but none of them were worth what they cost me when it comes to great hunting accuracy. A varmint rifle must shoot a bit better for me than a big game rifle but I am happy with a big game rifle that will do sub one inch groups with good hunting loads. One last thing, they have to put the first shot on the money every time I go out. I am not always capable of great groups but the guns that I keep are. Even if I have to have the wife shoot the group.;)

herman 06-09-2007 07:38 AM

Below is target that I tried some 155 gr a -maxes,three shot groups,to see which powder it like with them,It is the same tikka out of the box nothing done to it,that I shot the 10 shot group with the 168's.Have shot 150 gr,165gr and 130 gr bullets and it shoot them as good.This is the most accrute rifle I have had including the rem 260.Have a buddie that has 2 of them and both shoot just like this one.He had one of them rechambered to a 30/06 and it shoots also.
These are i inch dots and the middle dot is with a rem 7/08,and the first one on the second row I think was with a rem 22/250.

WhitBri 06-11-2007 11:47 AM

I leave in Iowa so all I shoot for rifle is varmmit calibers. I have always felt if you can't get a .223 to shoot sub moa it was a junk rifle. I won't own a .223 long if it won't shoot .5 with handloads, that's just my standard. I have a savage 12fv and a tikka t3 which will both do that above with ease.

onebadf250 06-12-2007 06:49 PM

Both my Tikka's will shoot sub moa's all day. My 308 has grouped everything I've put in it so far. My 300wsm has been a little more finiky. It will still shoots a good group but it won't shoot the barnes triple shocks or accu-bonds as good as it has nosler solid bases and partitions. All factory ammo.

Gundigest 06-12-2007 07:07 PM

I have a Ruger M77 Mk II in .223 and 300 WSM and both of them will shoot .6 MOA and a #1 in 7x57mm that will shoot .75 MOA. All of them have Elite 4200 scopes and the .223 has a timney trigger and the 300 had a trigger job. Nothing fancy. I have a custom mauser 98 in 30-06 that will touch holes at 100 yards. Nothing particularly special about that one either. I only have about $600 into the gun. I know of about 6 other M77 Mk IIs that my friends and family have and all of them will shoot under 1" at 100 yards.

BrutalAttack 06-13-2007 07:50 AM

ORIGINAL: Retaks

How many people actually have a rifle that shoots Sub MOA? IM not talking about the $1500 or $3000 custom rifles. Im talking a factory rifle for under $800 that will consistantly shoot under 1in.
It's in my sig. Cost me just over $800. Will go as low as ~0.4 MOA maybe smaller (all in same hole basically).