Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
New Ruger double barrel >

New Ruger double barrel

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

New Ruger double barrel

Old 01-16-2002, 07:48 AM

Default New Ruger double barrel

Has anyone seen the ads for the new Ruger double barrel?

I came across the ad in a Field & Stream the other day. I checked with the local gun shop and they haven't even heard of it. I checked the Ruger website and it's not even on there yet? So, I called Ruger and they seem surprised that I even knew about the gun? she told me that they have not even shipped any guns out and the product brochure's were just now available. She did tell me that they will sell for around $1950. The gun has a single trigger, ejectors, and has a gorgous walnut stock. And, if it's Ruger then you know about the quality.

I've already started stashin my lunch money to save up for the gun when it hits the gun shops.
Old 01-16-2002, 03:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Ruger double barrel

I knew that a Ruger SxS was in the works. I never did hear when they were due to be released.If it's anything like their Red Label it will be a winner.Ruger only knows quality.Ruger does make some fine shotguns but be prepared to pay that premium price.1950.00 is to rich for my billfold.Ruger Redhawk
Old 01-17-2002, 12:10 AM

i dont know how much itr costs but the namer is "gold label" at least im pretty sure it is,
Old 01-24-2002, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

The new Ruger "Gold Label" is in the Feb 2002 American Rifleman.I just received it and haven't read it yet.It will probably be awhile until we see them.That's just my guess.Ruger Redhawk
Old 01-24-2002, 05:57 PM
Fork Horn

Interesting i have'nt seen the adds yet but i did come across an add for a new weatherby sxs that is supposed to be coming out there was nothing on their web site the reported price tag was to be around 1500.00 for the basic model and up for the higher grade.
even at 1900.00 thats cheaper than buying an old clasic like one of the new ithaca's that tag for over 5000.00
Old 01-24-2002, 07:50 PM
Typical Buck

I've read the story about the new Ruger SxS and for the $1950 price tag it's going to have to be a lot of gun considering the competition.
Weatherby enties are listed at $1095 and $1400 for the over the counter SxS Orion and Athena. H&K 's Lion is a great SxS for the money and that's in the $1200 range and in the Rifleman the new I believe it was Tristar by a very reputable Italian make might be an excellent firearm also.
The Ruger from what I gather is a "game gun" and will have to be an awesome handleing gun otherwise I'm afraid it's going to be a dud. Remember if you're going to spend 2000 it's going to have to be great ,because a few hundred more gets you a Berretta Silverhawk which for those that haven't handled one is a fantastic SxS and only beat by guns costing 2-3x's as much.
Old 01-25-2002, 08:18 AM

There are enough morons out there with more money than brains that will buy the first few production runs. Then Ruger will have to either drop the price or beef up the quality to match the Perazzi's, Kreigoff's and Seitz's of the world. Good luck, Ruger.