Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 I had forgotten. >

I had forgotten.

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

I had forgotten.

Old 05-08-2007, 08:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default I had forgotten.

How much fun it is to just head out to the range with a couple of 22's and spend the afternoon wasting shells. We got the wife a new Buckmark Camper 22 pistol and we had a new 10/22 thats a year old but had never been out of the house. Now that I am walking a little and the weather is getting nice, (even in ND). The wife and I really enjoyed the day shooting 22's. I have not done that for years.

The new Buckmark really shoots well and the trigger is very good. I just finished cleaning them up and now they are ready for the next session.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:31 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: I had forgotten.

Yep, the 22 is awesome for just good ole fun. How old is the original cartridge now?
Old 05-08-2007, 09:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

definently a blast. i love to just chuck some cans on the ground and blast away with my buckmark. (where safe to do so of course...) always a good time. think i'll take mine to camp this weekend!!

dad and i used to shoot atleast a brick a week. did that for about a year straight. sometimes wed shoot a brick each. i dont know how many rounds i put through my buckmark but its ALOT.

cheap, fun way to spend a day....

pretty accurate little pistols too...atleast my standard is...one day i'll get me a reddot on it. i think that would make it the ultimate can shooter
Old 05-09-2007, 03:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

LOL, I know, I was able to shoot my dad's Marlin semi-auto, and there's nothing like going Rambo firing from the hip.

Quitea nice change from stressing out over high-powered bolt-action hunting rifles!
Old 05-09-2007, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hear ya James! After I read this post the first time I figured I was going to Aberdeen to the doctor this morning, just as well stop at Sodak and buy a new scope for my 10/22 that I have all tricked out that has been sitting scopeless since I got my AR15. Threw a Swift 3-9x40 on it this afternoon an got 'er dialed in pretty good, there are a few jackrabbits an gophers that didn't like it so much.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

It seems that everybody goes thru full circle and rediscovers how fun the basics are with a .22. I did that very thing about 20 years ago and still have loads of fun in between "serious" shooting "mere" .22s.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

SoDak didn't wash away in the flood huh? How much rain did you get over your way?
Old 05-09-2007, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

When I take my two sons out plinking with .22's I had better bring a brick. I also carry another 100 in my pocket for they go through the brick like a chainsaw through a loaf of fresh bread. Tons of fun!!!!
Old 05-09-2007, 09:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

I owe alot of my superior markmanship skills to the mighty .22 LR.

It is a great round to plink away with and keep your shooting skills at the top of their game without spending an arm and a leg.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: James B

SoDak didn't wash away in the flood huh? How much rain did you get over your way?
Nope, Sodak was still intact today. Got a supply of loading materials for 44mag, 25-06 as well.

We end up with 4.9" at my place, we got lucky and didn't get totally drenched.

Quick Reply: I had forgotten.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.