Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Still Waiting For My H&R >

Still Waiting For My H&R

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Still Waiting For My H&R

Old 05-08-2007, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Still Waiting For My H&R

My friend owns a police supply store including firearms, he also can get firearms for hunting, etc. So I placed an order with him for a H&R Ultra Deluxe 20ga., the day it came in I went to pick it up, either he ordered the wrong one or there was miscommunication with the supplier, they sent the Ultra which is the same as the Deluxe, but it doesn't have the cut checkering nor the laminated stock. He replaced the order, but seems the suppliers he deals with are out of stock for the time being, he did call H&R, they are shipping them out within a few weeks, no rush plus I get whatever I want at dealer cost
Old 05-08-2007, 08:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Still Waiting For My H&R

Should be a good shooter. I never hear much negative feed back on the H&R/NEF shotguns.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

same here, everyone I know thar owns them or people I have spoken to that own them, all love them, and for $207 I can't go wrong
Old 05-08-2007, 11:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

I had a 12 Ga and a 10 Ga. That ten was not much fun in that fly weight H&R.[:@]
Old 05-09-2007, 03:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good thing you got a 20 gauge, I hear those 12 gauges are some ofthe most ridiculously kicking guns out there!
Old 05-09-2007, 06:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Once I get it, I will try various different slugs thru it, see which ones shoot the best
Old 05-09-2007, 01:53 PM

The Ultra's don't kick bad at all. I have the Ultra Deluxe in 12 ga. and it handles recoil much better than any pump or auto slug gun I have shot. Then again it weighs a TON. Weight is a very big factor in how a gun recoils and the Ultra deluxes are heavy. They have the heavy barrel, a laminated stock and a steel bar inside the stock to balance out the barrel.

Then you have to throw a scope on it as well.

I think mine with a scope and sleeve that holds 5 shells weighs close to 12 lbs. Not bad to shoot, but you don't want to carry that sucker very far.

The 20's are probably similar on recoil since they are a bit lighter. Might even be worse with some of the more stout loadings.

I think your going to like it as long as you don't do alot of walking.

I'm thinking of getting the 10 ga turkey barrel for mine.

Paul
Old 05-09-2007, 01:54 PM

Here is a pic of mine.

Paul
Old 05-09-2007, 02:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I walk almost 2 miles frm my truck to my stand, but it doesn't matter to me I'm in good shape
Old 05-09-2007, 09:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: younggun243

Good thing you got a 20 gauge, I hear those 12 gauges are some ofthe most ridiculously kicking guns out there!
yougun - let this be a lesson learned. Whoever told you that speakith the forked tongue. In other words their full of it and I'll bet they spread it regularly far and wide. Not a trustworthy source of info.

A 12 gauge pump gun will kick harder han an H&R load-for-load, guaranteed. Also the H&R USHs are fitted withone fine recoil pad.

Quick Reply: Still Waiting For My H&R

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.