Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Best reloading manual? >

Best reloading manual?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Best reloading manual?

Old 05-10-2007, 07:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Best reloading manual?

I think I have them all. I use the manual for the bullets I am using as a guide line and work from there. I probably use the Hornady manual the most. Lyman second. I never look at the Barnes manual because there are no loads for the TXS. Maybe they will have a new manual soon.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Best reloading manual?

I think if you're serious about the reloading game you'll want to have many manuals and reference sources.
I actuall don't do a ton of reloading,.. go in spurts when time allows or when I begin to run low....but since I can't afford to buy a bunch of new guns or to re-barrel my babies very often I tend to load for the same 6 rifle cartriges and 3 pistol cartridges all the time.
My manuals are all older, but I'm using some of the old tried and true IMR powders at modest velocities (4064, 3031, 4895, 4831, 4320) and so don't require anything that is real up to date.....plus, more than a few of my actions and barrels are of the vintage type and I'm not gonna push the envelope on pressure in them. For my pistols I've only used Unique and Blue Dot so far, but haven't done much with the pistols. I have a freind that has a progressive Dillon and he's promised to help me learn a bit more about pistol loading. I'm gonna work with him on the rifle stuff.
I've got a Hornady, a Speer, a Sierra (my newest), an NRA reloading book, a Lee book and a Lyman book.
I refer to them all when I think I want to try something new or different, and then decide on a starting point.
I really should update though by buying some software.