Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Remington 710 Replaced By 770 >

Remington 710 Replaced By 770

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Remington 710 Replaced By 770

Old 04-12-2007, 07:50 PM
Fork Horn

Default Remington 710 Replaced By 770

I saw this on their website. It claims to have a smoother bolt and improved magazine latch. Seems worth a look at for a bargain priced rifle.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:20 PM

Default RE: Remington 710 Replaced By 770

maybe they've listened to all the complaints
Old 04-13-2007, 04:11 PM

Default RE: Remington 710 Replaced By 770

I took a look at the 770 not too long ago and wasn't impressed. If people had problems accepting the 710, I'm sure they'll have even a tougher timeaccepting this one. Yes they did away with the nylon receiver guide and returned to a full metal reciever, but in order to ballance the cost, they went with a less expensive type of rifle stock.

Don't ge me wrong, I have the 710. In fact I have one of the original ones with the nylon reciever guide in .270 and it's very accurate. Not to mention that I made a few modifications myself.

But the new 770 stock is fabricated to similar methods as the Mossberg Rifle that was made to compete with the 710. The new stock doesn't have the metal swivel studs like the old 710.Youcan to put a sling on it, but I don't think you'd be able to put anything else on it (i.e. a bipod).

Thoughthe stockdoes have some nice lines and I'm sure people will like the new black color over the old gray, I'm not sure about the trigger guard. Itlooks extremely wierd for any rifle. People that had bad comments about the old 710 trigger guard,will certainlynot like this one.

I hope that on their next redesign they will add bull barrels, tactical style rifle stock (similar tothe L96A1), 10 round magazines and change the design of the bolt locking head so that itlocks in to the barrel easier.

That would be impressive...