Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Browning A-Bolt or Remington CDL? >

Browning A-Bolt or Remington CDL?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Browning A-Bolt or Remington CDL?

Old 04-11-2007, 08:33 PM
Fork Horn

Default Browning A-Bolt or Remington CDL?

I'm a lefty looking for this years deer rifle. I hunt in northeast Texas for whitetails and wild hogs.
I'm wanting something as close to "semi-custom" as I can afford or something I can "customize".
I'm thinking either a left handed Browning A-Bolt Stainless Stalker or a left handed Remington CDL.
I would eventually want a nice custom synthetic stock on the Remington.
Both rifles have great reputations from what I've heard, and I've owned a Stainless Stalker in the past and really liked it.
Just looking for opinions from folk who have use either or both on accuracy, reliable action, ect.
I'm also having a time deciding between the .270, .30-06, or 7mm. Rem. Mag.
I've owned all three calibers in the past with great results, and I know they will all do the job on deer....but we have some BIG hogs out here.
OK.....throw me some opinions....
EXCEPT FOR TRY THEM BOTH AND DECIDE FOR YOURSELF....got that part figured out.
Thanks in advance,
Schoolcraft
Old 04-11-2007, 08:50 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Browning A-Bolt or Remington CDL?

It's a no brainer for me when you mentioned that you might want to "customize" it later. The Remington M700 will be a whole lot easier to do than the A-Bolt. This is not saying the Browning isnt a good rifle it's just that are so many more choices and smithsthat give the M700 the nod in my way of thinking.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

As doubleA mentioned if your wanting tio customize the M700 will offer more choice. Then again if all you really want is a synthetic stock and the Abolt SS Stalker fits/feels right then why not!

As far as cartridge choice, I can't imagine a hog withstanding a .270win loaded with a quality bullet like a Nosler Partition, Barnes TSX, etc. Then again I haven't ever hunted wild pigs!
Old 04-12-2007, 05:05 AM

rem. easy to custimize
Old 04-12-2007, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

My A-bolts (2) out shoot my Rem 700's (4). I like the feel of the A-bolts so they get my vote.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Never liked the looks, feel or anything else about the A-bolts myself. I'd go with the 700 if it were me.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Remington is a good gun, it'll never let you down.

If you want to go tactical in your customizing, get the 700, most of today's sniper rifles are based on the 700 action.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:38 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: doubleA

It's a no brainer for me when you mentioned that you might want to "customize" it later. The Remington M700 will be a whole lot easier to do than the A-Bolt. This is not saying the Browning isnt a good rifle it's just that are so many more choices and smithsthat give the M700 the nod in my way of thinking.
Ditto.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:23 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the responses! I'm still wondering which rifle I'll go with, but I would really like some feedback on caliber choise. If this was only a deer rifle, i would most likely go with the .270.....but I have the "hog factor".
I was thinking about the .30-06. Maybe a good 150gr. bullet for deer hunting and something like a 180gr. NoslerPartition for the hogs?
Any thoughts?
Old 04-12-2007, 02:22 PM
Fork Horn

Sir,

Youcan NOT go wrong choosingthe grand old 30-06 Spfd!!!

It is definitely thecartridgeIrecommend for deer hunting; it is totally awesome!!!!!!!!!!

The 30-06 is the best all-around deer cartridge there is in my opinion.

Can you tell I really like it?

Quick Reply: Browning A-Bolt or Remington CDL?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.