Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
New Gun , What brand do you prefer ? >

New Gun , What brand do you prefer ?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

New Gun , What brand do you prefer ?

Old 12-09-2002, 07:03 PM
Spike

Default New Gun , What brand do you prefer ?

Looking into a new gun for next year , 30.06 caliber ,stainless with synthetic stock. Would like to hear some good brand names and some suggestions. I have a Winnchester now but kind of want something different. Thanks !
Old 12-09-2002, 07:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: New Gun , What brand do you prefer ?

I'm kind of partial to remmington as far as large caliber rifles go but feel the new stuff isn't quite as good as the older ones.
Old 12-09-2002, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Savage is my favorite brand. I would take a Savage over any other brand anytime.
Old 12-09-2002, 08:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'm kind of partial to Winchester but I'm thinking of getting a Howa in laminated thumbhole stock and stainless metal for less than $550. Been reading reviews and talking to gun shops and from what I'm hearing they are very well built and are real shooters.
Old 12-09-2002, 08:44 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-09-2002, 08:58 PM

I'm with otis...check out the Browning and Tikka line-ups.

Ballistictip...I agree with you about Remington. I still like 'em, but I don't think the quality is the same.

Old 12-10-2002, 05:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I HAVE A STAINLESS/SYNTHENTIC STOCK REMINGTON 700 BDL IN .300 WIN. MAG., GREAT GUN!!! IF YOU WANT BETTER THEN REMINGTON GO WITH SAKO, I HAVE ONE ALSO, BUT WOOD/BLUE IN .30-06, YOU WILL PAY MORE FOR A SAKO. BUT $$$$$$ FOR $$$$$$ GO WITH REMINGTON.
Old 12-10-2002, 09:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Of all the factory rifles I have used I have been most happy with remington 700's
Old 12-10-2002, 10:31 PM

Everyone's got their favorites. I'd say if you're on a budget go with a Savage. If you can afford a little more check out the Tikka line. Or for even more money go with a Sako. I've found the European rifles to be of generally higher quality than the American brands.
Old 12-11-2002, 12:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just about any brand of gun out there will do what your asking its just a matter of opinion ,and what you have for a budget .If you know what you have to spend it might help answer your question a little better . I have a few stainless rifles in different brands and they all work fine some just cost more than others . Myself I never met a gun I didn't like ,just some I couldn't afford .

Quick Reply: New Gun , What brand do you prefer ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.