Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Question about the action on a Remington 7600 >

Question about the action on a Remington 7600

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Question about the action on a Remington 7600

Old 12-09-2002, 02:07 PM
Typical Buck

Default Question about the action on a Remington 7600

I recently bought a Remington 7600 pump in .270. I'm really happy about the accuracy but I don't like the action of it. When I fire one round and work the pump to try to get the next round in the chamber, it takes several attempts to get the next round in the chamber. The fired round extracts pretty easily, but the next round just doesn't get into the chamber quickly. I've never had a pump action rifle before, so I don't know if this is common or if this is a problem. Also, if it is a problem, is there a quick fix? I'm thinking it's probably a problem with the feeder arm.
Old 12-09-2002, 02:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Question about the action on a Remington 7600

I have the same gun, I have never had problems with it chambering rounds. Are you drawing it back all the way? Or it could be the spring in the mag? If it is worn the shell may not be pushed up all the way from the spring, leading to it not catching. Is the gun new? If used, has it been cleaned well and lubed. Take it to a gun smith and see. B/c if push feeds, it sounds like it has something to to do with the low pick up of the case. Mag itself, not seated in all the way, something like that.

Old 12-10-2002, 03:03 AM

slicendice....

i had the same exact problem with my rem 7600 in 280re, it was the magazine that was causing the proble. but it still had a problem ( well to me since i owned another in 308win ) i had to give it alittle more ummpf! to it.

Old 12-10-2002, 06:03 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks guys!! I'll look into getting a new mag for it and see if that cures the problem. Thanks!!