Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Thank you JamesB! >

Thank you JamesB!

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Thank you JamesB!

Old 02-24-2007, 03:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Thank you JamesB!

I finally got a scope on that old rag you sold me and with Federal 140 ClassicsI got my first ever 1 big hole for 3 shots at 100. Swedish craftsmanship is amazing I got high dollar guns and I got el cheapos but i think this one will wear them all out. The steel recoil pad has gotta go though... No wonder people love those things. I wonder if all of the 96's shoot that well?
Old 02-24-2007, 05:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Thank you JamesB!

Most of the ones that I have shot (and thats quite a few), Have shot in that neighborhood. I doubt any rifle made will out shoot them regardless of the cost. I shot groups with that one darn close to one hole with 140 grain Hornady SP's. You must have got that rear base fixed. I just had to many projects to do at that time. Glad you like it.Those steel butt plates are not great but on the 6.5, they are not punishing.
Old 02-24-2007, 11:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I cant figure out why they arent more popular...or are they? I believe someone would definitely be hard pressed to find a better shooter with anything short of a total custom. Never doubt a Mack mechanic's ingenuity when it comes to fixing stuff that cant be fixed...lmao. Come to think of it you dont see a lot of them out there so there must be a lot of people hoarding them up. Sweet shooting gun though...thanks again for hooking me up. Far as that steel recoil pad its definitely a lot easier on the shoulder than the 300 Savage I haave with that steel plate is.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

That caliber and that rifle are a real dream team.