Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 First Hand Gun - What 9mm would you buy? >

First Hand Gun - What 9mm would you buy?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

First Hand Gun - What 9mm would you buy?

Old 02-20-2007, 10:34 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: First Hand Gun - What 9mm would you buy?

First choice.....XD 9
Second choice...and this is a close second....Glock 19
Old 02-21-2007, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Browning Highpower- the finest 9mm ever made* **.

*At least for 9mmhandguns that sell for under $1000.
**or unless you prefer plastic crap.

Old 02-21-2007, 03:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another really good pistol is the Beretta 92 series, especially the 92 Elite and Elite II
Old 02-21-2007, 04:44 PM
Fork Horn

Whatever fits you best. I may love New Balance shoes, but if they don't fit you, you're going to be uncomfortable in them. That doesn't make them bad, it just means that they're not right for you.

I found that the Sig 226 fit me wonderfully.Then again,so does the CZ75. And the Browning Hi Power...

I found that none of the Glocks fit me well, even though I was able to shoot really well with them. I wouldn't ever tell anyone not to get a Glock, but it doesn't make much sense for me to have one.

Good luck,

FC
Old 02-21-2007, 05:18 PM

Hi All,

Thank you for the additional suggestions, I'll see if they have those at the shop I'm going to tomorrow or Friday. The shop I went to today didn't have the best selection, but from what I did get to handle the Glock 17 fit me well, as did the Springfiled 1911 (I know its not a 9mm, but its a classic so I had to handle it).

I'm trying to get my hands on all of the guns that have been suggested, I'm particularly interested in finding a Springfield XD to compare it to the Glock.

I'll tell you the ugliest gun I saw today was the High Point CF-38, butit did fit my hand well
Old 02-21-2007, 05:32 PM

I'll tell you two things in comparison to the Glock, the XD lacks. Now i own an XD-40 and it is by a huge longshot the best auto pistol i've ever owned or used to me. I went with it b/c it fit my hand better than the Glock 22s I looked at. However Glock's two advantages are the finish on the slide, my XDs finish has wore noticably from carry, which in no way effects function. the other is the Glock has better mag capacity, vs the 12 shot clip of my XD. Being a wheelgun man though I dont notice alot but if you want to get picky.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:46 PM

ORIGINAL: Serrinon

...The shop I went to today didn't have the best selection, but from what I did get to handle the Glock 17 fit me well, as did the Springfiled 1911 (I know its not a 9mm, but its a classic so I had to handle it).
Oh boy, now that is a whole new can!
Went from Glock to Kimber. I wouldn't go back. Not that one is better, just better enjoyed by ME.

Old 02-22-2007, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

the Glock 17 fit me well, as did the Springfiled 1911 (I know its not a 9mm, but its a classic so I had to handle it
1911 style guns can be had in many calibers including the 9mm, 40, 38 super, and others. You probably felt up a single stack gun, but if you still want more capacity several makers make high capacity 1911's with double stack mags. One example would be ParaOrdnance.

They make a 1911 style gun that is on my wish list.
The Nite-Tac has a light rail among other features, and can be had in the fabulous LDA trigger. It's a pivoting trigger instad of the regular sliding trigger you would normally find on a 1911, but it is very smooth and light.

http://www.paraord.com/product/product.html?id=51

Once you consider the 1911, you have a whole new world to explore with many variations and features. If you don't need that gun right away, you may want to keep shopping until you have seen the whole field.

Old 02-22-2007, 09:11 PM

That was a nice looking 1911 bulzeye, when I have more money to put into this hobby I'll have to check that out.

Today I finally found a shop with a Springfield XD (they didn't have a 9mm, but I got to check out a .40). I definitely liked the feel of it, and was happy with the second safety. I have to say the grip on the Glock 17 was slightly better. I wish that the glock had the additional safety and the other nice accessories that the XD has, because then this would be a no brainer for me.

But its a moot point right now because NOBODY near me or even the online places I've checked out have the 9mm XD's in stock, or if they do the prices are insane.

SO it looks like I've got plenty of time now to hunt around and check out additional guns. So far glock 17 is a little ahead of the XD in my book because of the grip unless I can find an XD priced lower than the glock.
Old 02-23-2007, 05:00 AM

Well I finally decided on a gun for my self. I ended up getting the S&W Sigma 9mm. Liked the grip better then the Glock and a 1911 is a touch to big to carry and out of my price range. Wentand rented one to test fire and felt really nice and handled well. Can't beat the price either. May not be the best gun on the market but for what I need and my budget it worked out very well. Also those suckers sell like hotcakes around here and all 3 shops that handle them can't keep em in stock.

Quick Reply: First Hand Gun - What 9mm would you buy?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.