Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
New England Firearms >

New England Firearms

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

New England Firearms

Old 12-05-2002, 08:51 AM

Default New England Firearms

I am interested in anyone's experience with New England Firearms. I am not familiar with the company but they have some neat looking and good feeling singleshot rifles that I am looking at.
Old 12-05-2002, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New England Firearms

I am a fan of the NEF singles. If you have the trigger lightened and put a quality scope on them, they will shoot with darn near any gun out there. They aren't even all that picky about ammo.

Good luck!

Old 12-05-2002, 09:55 AM

Get one, you'll love it! I have one of their 20ga. shotguns and will be buying a handi-rifle in .270WIN and a rifled slug barrel after the season. I have shot a couple of their rifles and they are great! I love my shotgun and have used nothing else this year so far, even for hogs and whitetails. Plus with the rifle you can buy accessory barrels in everything from .223 to .30-06, 7mauser, .45-70, .450Marlin and a host of others. Plus shotgun barrels from .410-12ga, fully rifled slug barrels, and even muzzleloader barrels. All of these are less than $100.00 each! Visit their site www.hr1871.com and see for yourself. You won't be dissappointed.
Old 12-05-2002, 11:30 AM

I just bought an H&R Ultra in .308 and really like it. Once I get a scope mounted I'm sure I'll like it even more. Test fired it last week without a scope. Boy it sure is tough to hit anything without one. I chose H&R/NEF because of price, reputation and personality. I also like that I'll be able to change out to another caliber or gauge. I liked the H&R over the NEF for purely cosmetic reasons- to me, the laminated stock looks nicer. Fit and finish appear to be quite good and it's very solid. There's a pleasing "thunk" when you chamber a round. Now that I have a single shot it's got me thinking about taking only good shots, ones that I know I can make. I like that. You should go ahead and buy the NEF. I think you will be pleased.
Old 12-05-2002, 11:33 AM

i have an NEF 20ga shotgun and while i cant hit squat with it my little brothe can bust 20/25 and he hardly ever shoots with us

propmahn
save the world, reload your brass

Old 12-05-2002, 12:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought the Ultra Comp in .270 about a month ago and after my son and i shot it about 20 times we decided to sell it. The gun handled and shot great but we weren't prepared for the added noise and muzzle blast around the shooter coming from the compensated barrel. I turned around and bought the Ultra Hunter in 25.06 and absolutely love this gun. It's a sweet shooter and very accurate to boot. I handload and i am currently working with different loads and my groups are getting tighter and tighter. The trigger isn't to bad but not as light as i want it so i'm gonna send it back the first week of Jan for a trigger job. Get one you won't regret it at all.
Old 12-08-2002, 10:34 AM
Typical Buck

I had a handy rifle in 30-06, i really miss it. It was one of the easiest guns i have ever owned to handle, it pointed easy and felt good in my hands. I will have another and a bunch of barrels. For the price you cant beat em.
Old 12-08-2002, 08:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have two of them and the third one on order so i guess you could say I'm sold on them . I tried one of my friends and got bit on this one .