Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Tikka T3 or Remington 700 CDL >

Tikka T3 or Remington 700 CDL

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Tikka T3 or Remington 700 CDL

Old 02-05-2007, 09:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Tikka T3 or Remington 700 CDL

ORIGINAL: jeepkid

Skeeter- Doesn't the BDL also have a cheek piece and the CDL is just a straight stock? I actually like the CDL better, IMO.
Correct you are...DUH!![&:]BDL has the Monte Carlo Cheek Piece
Old 02-05-2007, 09:53 PM

the cdl also has a cheek piece. the bdl looks better though IMO.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:02 AM
Typical Buck

I've got a Brow & a Remy but I gotta tell ya, I've yet to hear anything bad about Tikka.....
Old 02-08-2007, 04:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd buy the Tikka T3 any day.
It has features and accuracy of rifles that cost 1\2 again as much. It's a nicely designed rifle and if you do much walking up and down hills, you'll really appreciate that it's not too heavy.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:39 PM

If I had the money, I would opt for the CDL over a Tikka T3. The CDL's are part of the higher end guns that Remington makes.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:28 PM

ok. i actually found a NIB LH BDL .243 at a gunstore. it's only $700 which is the about the same of the CDL. i liked the tikka a lot but it just didn't feel right when i held it against the shoulder.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's a review of each of the rifles. CDL I'm sure is a pretty well made rifle a pretty good/not fantastic accuracy results reported by this writer. I don't like the 7 lbs. trigger pull pressure he says it's set at from the factory. If it's not adjustable, that's a problem.
http://www.gunsandammomag.com/long_guns/remcdl_122804/

Tikka T3 is a heck of a rifle for the money and very accurate. (tested for groups of sub 1" at 100 yds at the factory before each rifle is shipped. Floating, cold hammered barrel of the more expensive Sako (same company). Adjustable trigger that comes from factory at around 3 lbs.. Resessed end of barrel. Palm swell. Nicely balanced. Solid rings come with the rifles and mounting system will not allow your scope to move. Very smooth action. I just saw an add in a Sporting Goods chain that they have some wood stock and blued barrel T3s on sale for $559 after the season. How can you beat that?

2 articles of review/testers of T3:
http://www.ssaa.org.au/newssaa/101-StoriesReviews/rifles/tikkat3.html
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0BQY/is_4_50/ai_113853244
Old 02-09-2007, 09:28 PM
Fork Horn

Unless you are just looking for wood I got my syn black stock w/blued barrel for $480 at Scottsoutdoors.com

Old 02-10-2007, 07:52 AM

Went to review the Tikka rifle craze.
See what what Chuck Hawks has to say: Tikka- A critical look at the Tikka 3 rifle- By Chuck Hawks.

Has he said what others don't see or care to comment on?
Old 02-10-2007, 08:39 AM
Fork Horn

I dropped-off my CDL at the 'smith's for a trigger job just yesterday. Out of curiosity, I asked him to gauge it to see what the "before" number was. With 6 tests, it averaged-out to about 6#, 13 oz. And to think, I'd been able to shoot some pretty good groups with it like that!

I guess I should feel pretty good about the guy's instincts about guns: he bet me lunch that it would measure out to "just under 7#"after he he dry fired it only twice. I'll post an update when I get it back.

As for the rest of the rifle, I'm more than pleased. I've heard many good things about T3's, but the CDL fit me like a tailored glove.

The way I figure it, it's wonderful if a gun will print tiny groups from a bench, but that's not how it happens in the real world. When I've just run up the side of a mountain, and a trophy elk steps out of nowhere at < 100 yards, I want a gun that rises to my shoulder by itself, and settles immediately into the perfect place for me to make the shot. With my heart pounding & my lungs screaming, I just want that first shot to go somewhere close to where it's supposed to. I won't have time toadjust the rifle on my shoulder 'til it's just-ever-so, wiggle my hips & shoulders around 'til I have a perfect sight picture, & go through my breathing cycle several times. It's gotta be mount-and-BOOM.

So long as a rifle has a good reputation for reliability and durability, and it fits me just right, that's good enough for me.

FC

Quick Reply: Tikka T3 or Remington 700 CDL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.