Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Gun Shows SUCK!!!!! >

Gun Shows SUCK!!!!!

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Gun Shows SUCK!!!!!

Old 01-31-2007, 05:11 PM

Default RE: Gun Shows SUCK!!!!!

I remember ten years or so ago, you could go to a show and make off with some great deals. They sold cases of ammo cheap, like you were buying bulk toilet paper. And you would see some unique, and interesting pieces. You could go on the afternoon of the last day and make some killer deals on guns the dealers didn't want to take back with them.

Now, it is a flea/junk market with a few guns tossed in. The last show I went to had more KKK items than Mosin Nagant's! One guy was selling knives. He had them priced at $15 each, and I wouldn't have given him 15 cents for one. Or the guy that had the 1917 Eddystone "priced to sell quick" at $850, and it looked like it lived in a barn for 50 years. And not one person was selling cases of ammo. Only 2 sellers had ammo of any kind, and it was just a couple boxes of this and that.

Not to mention, by looking at some of the dealers, I am amazed they even have their FFL. Some of these guysseemed like running a calculator might be tough, let alone keep up their fed book.

I am done with gun shows. Nothing but a waste of time and the price of admission.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

and remember......all of these negative things posted and you PAID to go in. I mean shouldnt the $5-10 you spent get you some sort of good deal? The one I liked was when I was looking for a set of .280 RCBS dies and this guy had an OLD set, I mean really old box and they were used. I asked how much and he said $30. I said I can get a new set anywhere in the country for $25 he said yeah but these are worth more because they are 30 years old............whatever dude, Im only gonna USE them not house them in a museum
Old 01-31-2007, 05:30 PM

Yeah, they defienetely overcharge at those things. My dad bought a couple of guns at them and later found out he got horrible deals. We just go to look at them. They sometimes-occasionally--do have good guns for cheap and it's fun to look at so many different ones.

Half the people at those things freak me out anyways. Some of them look like convicts--and that's the policemen guarding the place[8D][&:]
Old 01-31-2007, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

What about the the ( "My guns are number one grade, those at sportmans warehouse are number 2 grade" ) bull$hit they spew.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:52 PM
Fork Horn

Ditto to the majority opinion. I used to go to a lot of shows. And you can sometimes find something decent at a good price. But that is the exception. Usually stuff is way over priced and in our area, there seems to be more junk not even related to a gun or knife than there are guns and knives.
Old 01-31-2007, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have to agree the dealers are over priced ,but we can stillsell personal weaponsat the gun shows andI have got a lot of very good deals from individuals trying to sell one or two guns .
Old 01-31-2007, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have made some good deals at gun shows in the past, but it was never with anyone at a booth. I go to see what everyone else is trying to trade. The dealers assume that everyone walking the isles is a complete moron and has no idea of what guns cost or are worth, but I guess that they do sell enough to make it worth their while to do it again next weekend.
Old 01-31-2007, 06:37 PM

If you think dealers try to make bad deals with you guys you should try being in my shoes... Im 16 and I probably know 10 time as much about any gun any time than most of these dealers and they try to make sales pitches to me. I dont know how many times ive heard "you'll never find a buy like this ever again" when i can pick up and sporting catalogue and auotmaticly knock off 200 bucks. I go to gun shows to sell items that i pick up dirt cheap, only thing is i sell or trade them for whatever is reasonable, if i break even great, i get a deal even better. I hate people assuming that because im young im uninformed. Last gun show i went to i had a dealer explaining to me how unsafe ross rifles could be. This idiot didnt know there are different models of rosses and assumed that all ross bolts can "blow back". I let him go on his rant then proved to him it was impossable for the bolt to "fly" out of his rifle because it wasa 1905 model. I walked away while he way trying to put the bolt back in the rifle after i told him how it actauly came out, lol, Putting a 1905 ross bolt back is kind of tricky if you dont know how to do it.
Old 01-31-2007, 06:54 PM
Typical Buck

I used to work security at one in Dayton Ohio. What really sucks is being the security and the only one without a gun.

[/align]
Old 01-31-2007, 07:14 PM
Dominant Buck

We have 6 Gun Shows in a 30 mile radius and I quit going to all of them 4yrs ago! What a waste of $7 parkingand$15- $20 entrance fee.

Quick Reply: Gun Shows SUCK!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.