Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 ONLY in AMERICA, GOD bless the USA! >

ONLY in AMERICA, GOD bless the USA!

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

ONLY in AMERICA, GOD bless the USA!

Old 01-18-2007, 05:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: ONLY in AMERICA, GOD bless the USA!

Unfortunately, with the time factor, not to mention the rain, we did not get to take him out to the gun range! Hopefully, we'll get another chance.
As for legal gun ownership, yes I'm sure that if you have enough money, you can own one legally! The types of guns, liciencing, and hassles make it cost prohibitive for most of these people though!
Old 01-19-2007, 04:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I love to hear stories like this, it makes me proud to be an American!!! I went to Kosavo and those folks would love to be here. I am glad it is hard for them though , the are to radical for me.
Old 01-19-2007, 06:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

We had a guy from our company come here from the UK. He was shooting my AR-15 and my Baretta 9mm. Also never shotany gunsbefore. It was pretty funny. He wanted me to film him on his video phone and was shooting down range while looking at the camera. I kept trying to tell him about the seriousness of the situation but he was too wrapped up in the whole thing. We were alone on the range so I let it go.

Tom
Old 01-19-2007, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Keith, what your Scottish visitor was refering to is called "Haggis".
It's an old Scottish dish, traditionally served on "Burns Night".

Burns night refers to the poet Robert Burns' birthday.
The Haggis is served with other traditional scottish dishes and a fine single malt whisky (scotch) is served. Poems by Burns are recited with the most traditional being "Ode to a Haggis", right before serving.

A haggis is comprised of the heart, lungs, liver, kidneys and other parts of a sheep, diced up, mixed with scottish oatmeal and spices, then stuffed into a sheeps stomach, tied off and boiled. It's not for the squeamish diner.

Burns night is on the 25th of January, and I've already got my haggis.
Here's where I order from if you want to try it:
http://www.oatmealsavage.com/

It arrives in a cooler, still frozen. Just toss it in the freezer until a day or two before Burns night.

You've got to order early though, their stock may be depleted by now. I usually order mine before Thanksgiving.

Old 01-19-2007, 08:09 AM

USA=The greatest country in the world
Old 01-19-2007, 10:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Haggis=the most disgusting thing ever created by man

Tom

Old 01-19-2007, 11:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: m.t.hands

they all thanked me and had their pictures made with all sorts of firearms, and informed me if i ever came across the pond they would fix me a big serving of "haggish" whatever that is[:'(]

God bless America

Even Tony Blair pointed out that the U.S. must be a great place, because a lot more people are trying to get INthan are trying to get out!
If I ever get to Scotland, I'll be alot more interested in their ALES than this stuff!

Genuine Haggis
1 sheep's stomach bag plus the pluck (lights, liver and heart)
1 lb Lean mutton
6 oz Fine oatmeal
8 oz Shredded suet
2 large Onions, chopped
Salt and pepper about 1/4 pint beef stock. Soak the stomach bag in salted water overnight. Place the pluck (lights, liver and heart) in a saucepan with the windpipe hanging over the edge. Cover with water and boil for 1 1/2 hours. Impurities will pass out through the windpipe and it is advisable to place a basin under it to catch any drips. Drain well and cool. Remove the windpipe and any gristle or skin. Mince the liver and heart with the mutton. (Add some of the lights before mincing if you wish.) Toast the oatmeal gently until pale golden brown and crisp. Combine with minced mixture, suet and onion. Season well and add sufficient stock to moisten well. Pack into the stomach bag, filling it just over half-full as the stuffing will swell during cooking. Sew up the bag tightly or secure each end with string. Put an upturned plate in the base of a saucepan of boiling water, stand the haggis on this and bring back to the boil. Prick the haggis all over with a large needle to avoid bursting and boil steadily for 3 to 4 hours.

Now, if this mess was made with the addition of diced jalapenos and chili powder, it might become edible!
Old 01-19-2007, 01:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

i cannot believe i served them mudbugs, catfish, froglegs, and a smoked deer shoulder, and they were gonna feed me sheep parts, if i'd known that i would have fixed them some buffalo (freshwater), possum, BBQ coon/ groundhog (both of which are pretty good), carp and gar, oh wait a minute i have heard they eat/like carp. oh well what can i say, i like to eat and would try "haggis", i mean anybody that will eat blackend nutrea will eat just about anything, i would have to try it, at least once[:-][:'(]

You've got to order early though, their stock may be depleted by now. I usually order mine before Thanksgiving
i have not ordred mine yet, and i can only hope, but if i go across the pond, i will try it

He wanted me to film him on his video phone and was shooting down range while looking at the camera. I kept trying to tell him about the seriousness of the situation but he was too wrapped up in the whole thing. We were alone on the range so I let it go.
i was putting away guns and one of the guys said hey get a picture of this, turned around and he had my security six in his mouth[:-][X(], they really were like kids with no training, of course i got the ole " yea but its not loaded deal" and i just ask the guy, "do you have any idea of the number of people that have been killed by un-loaded guns????". so if you take these guys to a range, be sure and have some help, i was by myself, and these guys we eager to shoot to say the least
Old 01-19-2007, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Eldequello, I make a rather spicy sauce, more like a relish to spoon over the haggis. Makes it more palatable.
Old 01-19-2007, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

God Bless the USA!!!!!!!!!