Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

TC ENCORE

Old 01-07-2007, 10:55 AM
Fork Horn

Default TC ENCORE

Thinking bout getting another rifle

Should i get the encore or the prohunter

COST???

wat do you all think about the gun

Every time u switch barrels do you have to re sight if using a scope???
Old 01-07-2007, 11:07 AM

Default RE: TC ENCORE

I haven't handled it but I've been thinking about getting the TC Encore Pro Hunter myself. It looks to be avery good rifle/Muzzle loader/shotgun. I don't know about the scope but I would imagine you would based on the balistic variations of the different types of guns.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

There is no difference between the Encore and Prohunter...at least fundamentally. Think of a Ford and a Mercury or a Chevy and a GMC...its just the wrapper.

The prohunter is an encore, in silver, with that 'flex-tech' stock. They run about $250-$400 more than their parent Encore model's in wood/blued do. Barrels are interchangeable between prohunters and standard encores.

As far as having to re-zero, I haven't had any issues at all with my Encore. I purchased mine back in October, I went with the standard wood/blued, since the Prohunters were about impossible to find, and I am more old school anyway. Also saved me a ton of money.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:35 PM

The frame of thepro has a hammer spur that will swing left or right, but for $10 you can put an after market extender on yourself. The barrels of the pro are flutted as well which I think look great, but for the money I would stick with the regular Encore frame and buy the flutted barrel separate.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I own and have owned many TC's. The Encore is a fine piece of equipment after you fix the trigger. The Pro Hunter has the same frame and trigger. There are some differences, I believe the major difference is the barrel. I do not believe I would pay the difference. The smartest thing to do is this. Buy only the receiver. You can order a custom barrel, that will outshoot the factory barrel. By doing this you can get the caliber, barrel type, and length that you want. Then order the exact stock that you want. I like the thumbhole. I think you can part it together for less than dealer's are selling the Pro Hunter for? And I guarantee it will outshoot the standard factory rifle.

I always shoot my rifle after I change barrels. I Have only had to make minor changes in my scope a few times. For all practical purposes, they will interchange. Tom.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:41 PM
Fork Horn

so how much would the encore be in the 25-06?
Old 01-07-2007, 09:45 PM
Spike

The frame and stock will run you around $300 and then replacement barrels will cost you between $250-$350.

I have a blued Encore and a hardwoods thumbhole stock. I would tell you to stick with the standard barrels, except for maybe the 209x50 muzzleloader barrel. I have a factory .22-250, .300 win mag, and a custom bullberry .338 win mag with their stock/forearm. HEAD0001 is right on the money regarding the custom barrels, my .338 is a tack driver with 250gr partitions at 100 yards