Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Walmart ???

Old 01-02-2007, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Walmart ???

There arethree Walmarts within probably 6miles of each other near where I live. Champaign, IL., Urbana, IL, and Savoy IL. all separate towns but the city boundries all connect. I can't be sure if the Champaign Walmart ever did sell guns because I was in it for the first time last week. None of them carry firearms anymore. I was in the one in Urbana this afternoon and noticed a sign at the sporting goods counter that they no longer was selling firearms effective 12/28/06. Is this a local deal or is Walmart cutting back on firearms?? I did pick up a couple of boxes to Pyrodex 50 grain pellets for $17. Of course nobody was maninig the sporting goods so I couldn't ask. Didn't feel like tracking down a manager. Anyone else seeing this around your areas?
Old 01-02-2007, 03:07 PM

Default RE: Walmart ???

The news has been floating around for awhile now. Walmart is getting out of the firearm business. They'll still carry ammo, pyrodex, cleaning accessories and whatnots but the firearms themselves, no. Different locations are phasing them out at different rates. At least this is my understanding.

Old 01-02-2007, 03:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Wal-Marts here in California haven't had guns for about five years or so.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:41 PM

If I remember right, they said Wal-Mart would be discontinuing firearm sales in 1800 stores across the country. Not all will quit, but a lot of them will. I could be off on that number though, I am going from memory.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

The 2 wal-marts that I live near also have stopped selling firearms within the past 6 months.
Old 01-02-2007, 04:05 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: sjsfire

There arethree Walmarts within probably 6miles of each other near where I live. Champaign, IL., Urbana, IL, and Savoy IL. all separate towns but the city boundries all connect. I can't be sure if the Champaign Walmart ever did sell guns because I was in it for the first time last week. None of them carry firearms anymore. I was in the one in Urbana this afternoon and noticed a sign at the sporting goods counter that they no longer was selling firearms effective 12/28/06. Is this a local deal or is Walmart cutting back on firearms?? I did pick up a couple of boxes to Pyrodex 50 grain pellets for $17. Of course nobody was maninig the sporting goods so I couldn't ask. Didn't feel like tracking down a manager. Anyone else seeing this around your areas?
I have about 30 in a 25 mile radius and only 6 or 7 don't sell guns!
Old 01-02-2007, 04:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

i will admit i work at walmart. truth of the matter is that they drew a line of gun sales. stores below it lost their guns. stores about it kept them. dont know if it was the same line across the country or what. i work at a store thats surrounded by farmland and woods. ALOT of hunters here. we lost our guns. talked to the sporting goods guys and they said once they went electronic with ordering their sales dropped. back before that the guys knew what guns to keep on hand and how many of. now the computer does the ordering and judging...when everyone shows up in sept/oct looking for guns and theres none on hand they go elsewhere...something a computer doesnt know...thats why my store lost guns...the guys that used to do the ordering knew to get certain guns on hand certain times of year and kept the customers happy..
Old 01-02-2007, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was in WalMart today and even looked at the guns with my son, but I did not see any sign of them not selling them any longer. I knew this was coming to some places, but I don't think it will here. I will be checking though.
Old 01-02-2007, 06:18 PM

The walmarts in my area are dumping their stocks to one store and have been having VERY good sales (for example the Remington 700s were marked down to $299 about 3 weeks before Christmas). According to the main guy in the sporting goods at the main store in my area, only the top selling store in each little region (not sure what he meant by region) will keep firearms.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:31 PM

Would you buy a diamond for your soon to be wife at Zales? Walmart is discontinuing rifle sales for a reason. Think about it. No sales people with any knowledge, no maintenance when something goes wrong, no parts, no service ....only a cheap price on junk. Regards, Rick.

Quick Reply: Walmart ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.