Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Walmart ???

Old 01-02-2007, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Walmart ???

Yep, we lost our guns in Wash. St. last Dec. It sucks, because once you loose it, it will more than likely never come back. Big 5/Gart sports quit selling firearms as well. From what I understand the companies are tired of fighting it out in court over guns. That is the short version of the story anyhow.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:35 PM

ORIGINAL: 48thguns

Would you buy a diamond for your soon to be wife at Zales? Walmart is discontinuing rifle sales for a reason. Think about it. No sales people with any knowledge, no maintenance when something goes wrong, no parts, no service ....only a cheap price on junk. Regards, Rick.
yes.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:30 PM
Fork Horn

They seem to have removed a lot of their guns from their webpage too. I was looking at one before Christmas, finally broke down and decided to buy it the other day, went to the website and they were gone! Can't find that particular model at any dealer here in the SW so I guess I'm going to do without this time.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:37 PM

I didn't think you could ever buy guns on the website?
Old 01-02-2007, 08:41 PM
Fork Horn

The Walmarts in Bloomington and Normal stopped selling firearms in August.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:16 AM
Fork Horn

You couldn't buy them off the website but you could pick a model out, print the page with the SKU # and then carry that printout into the store and they would order it for you.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:48 AM
Fork Horn

Here in Arkansas they have been getting guns from other stores around the country that have stopped selling guns. There have been some pretty good prices. Not all the stores are getting the surplus, only the regional sales leaders. I hope they keep selling them here, once they stop they most likely wont start again. Only 11 more months until deer season!
Old 01-03-2007, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 48thguns

Would you buy a diamond for your soon to be wife at Zales? Walmart is discontinuing rifle sales for a reason. Think about it. No sales people with any knowledge, no maintenance when something goes wrong, no parts, no service ....only a cheap price on junk. Regards, Rick.
I'd have to agree on the sales people with no knowledge, at least in my area. I went in to Dick's Sporting Goods one day and found their guy in sporting goods used to work at the Jiffy Lube, would I take his advise?No...I base my gun purchases on the research I do and recommendations from friends and fellow shooters. I do however disagree on junk. The Walmarts in my area carried Remington 1187, 870, and 700's in various calibers. Along with some Wetherby and Mossberg models.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:44 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah, you can't say they sell junk there. have you ever looked at the brands they sell? Cause you might own "junk" if you happen to own a remington, savage, winchester, mossberg, howa, ruger, weatherby, or aberetta. I don't think any of those guns are junk. Their prices are low on guns, I think, so who cares if they don't have good service if you have a problem with the gun, most places send the guns in to the factory anyway, so call the company, they will more than likely treat you pretty good.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Walmart in Dover, Del doesn't sell firearms, but 8 mile down the road at Camden , Del they sell firearms.... I was in there checking them out right after Christmas...

Quick Reply: Walmart ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.