Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Anyone know about Marlin? >

Anyone know about Marlin?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Anyone know about Marlin?

Old 11-25-2002, 02:07 PM
Spike

Default Anyone know about Marlin?

My wife asked me what I wanted for Christmas and since I don't own a .22 caliber rifle I chose the Marlin, Model 60 .22 caliber rifle. I just want something that'll be good in the off season for plinking and maybe squirrel hunting. Did I make the right choice?. Rifle only costs around $100.00.

every day gone is a day closer to God...and deer season <><
Old 11-25-2002, 02:43 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Anyone know about Marlin?

Sure you did !

Mounting Man/in PA.
Old 11-25-2002, 03:20 PM

I've got 3 Marlins, a model 60, like yours, a 22mag bolt action, & a 30/30 , I like them all a lot. The model 60 is fun to shoot & accurate. Hunt safe & support thr N.R.A. JSHARRIS51
Old 11-25-2002, 05:21 PM

Marlin is an excellent gun manufacturer. I bought a new Marlin .45-70 a few years back, and I was a little dissatisfied with the stock. Looked like some black paint got on it; it was barely noticeable. After owning the gun for roughly three years, I decided to complain a little. I mentioned the "problem" to their customer service department who promptly mailed me a brand new stock. They didn't ask for the old one or anything. I was hoping to get a little price break on a new stock but instead received a new one free. I will never say a bad thing about that company. They make solid, inexpensive rifles and have an excellent customer service department. I think you made a wise decision!

Old 11-25-2002, 10:54 PM
Spike

In my opinion, Marlin makes about the best budget priced firearms out there. They ain't always pretty, but I've yet to come across one that doesn't shoot accurately, and function flawlessly. I don't know what thier customer service is like 'cause I've never had a problem with one.

You can't eat what you miss!
Old 11-26-2002, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

very nice guns, I have 3 including the one you mentioned. They are the most used guns in my safe.
Old 11-28-2002, 02:47 PM
Host of Hosts

I really like all of my Marlins, good quality at a great price. What more could you ask for? You'll be happy with the model 60.

SUPPORT YOUR SPORT
JOIN THE NRA

Old 11-28-2002, 08:41 PM

Great choice with the Marlin, enjoy! Now, can you talk to my wife about what to buy for me?
Old 11-29-2002, 12:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Half a dozen Georgia whitetails can't be wrong. The old 30/30 did me proud, I never felt undergunned whith that in my hands.Well, untill I started hunting feilds. Don't get the .22 I had, a semi-auto glenfield mod 60. It wouldn't hit the broadside of a barn at 20 yards! but I had a bolt action marlin and it did great.Marlin is a fine company.

"Hey ya'll, watch this"
Old 11-29-2002, 07:02 AM

Marlin lever actions are a passion of mine. However, one of the most underated .22 semi-autos is my favorite. That being the mod 60. Keep it clean and feed it the right ammo and you'll have a great gun. At 50 yds shooting off a bench rapid fire, it puts 15 shots inside 1-1/4". Take my time, and I can cut it in half.

Quick Reply: Anyone know about Marlin?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.