Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 what's with all the exit wound Pics? >

what's with all the exit wound Pics?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

what's with all the exit wound Pics?

Old 12-10-2006, 09:37 PM

Default RE: what's with all the exit wound Pics?

I feel pictures of exit wounds could be helpful to readersto see a bullet's performance ,(I'm not a camera guy and take very few pic.s ),but for a bullet to perform well it must penetrate first and exit ,that will facilitate in a clean humane kill ,and hopefully "0" tracking all over the country side.
And they say a picture is worth a 1000 words !

But the pictures should be labeled Graphic. Out of respect of our younger readers...
Old 12-10-2006, 11:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

We are what we are why should we candy coat it!! Good luck.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I for one think it's O.K. when people put santa hats and stuff on a mount. Disrespectful? You killed the damn thing! I don't mind looking at exit wounds for discussion or just morbid curiousity.

Ya'll better pull up your big girl panties and deal with your issues, or get out of the sport. It's an animal. We have fun killing them. A lot of us eat them afterwards. Some of us hang their heads on our walls.

I find it humorous that some of you find the above to be "spiritual,"but putting a hat on the animal's mounted head is disrespectful? Showing pictures of the aftermath is disrespectful? Whatever.
Old 12-11-2006, 04:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

thats it, from now on, if you want to post a picture with a single drop of blood or anything that could be considered disrespectful or distastefull, you must first submit it to ruddyduck for him to either approve or deny before you are allowed to post.
Old 12-11-2006, 04:45 AM

ORIGINAL: davidmil

I always post clean kill shots.

LMFAO!!!!
Old 12-11-2006, 05:05 AM

ORIGINAL: elgallo114

I for one think it's O.K. when people put santa hats and stuff on a mount. Disrespectful? You killed the damn thing! I don't mind looking at exit wounds for discussion or just morbid curiousity.

Ya'll better pull up your big girl panties and deal with your issues, or get out of the sport. It's an animal. We have fun killing them. A lot of us eat them afterwards. Some of us hang their heads on our walls.

I find it humorous that some of you find the above to be "spiritual,"but putting a hat on the animal's mounted head is disrespectful? Showing pictures of the aftermath is disrespectful? Whatever.
Well said elgallo114. To add to it. How many people buy antler and hoof racks for their camps to hang their coats and gear on? How many people sale furs from an animal also? Isn't this disrespectful also to the animal for someone to make clothing out of it to wear?What about animal lined boots, I think this should be more disrespectful cause your puttting your stinky feet on them rather than hanging a hat or bulbs. It's an animal, It's dead.Then why have it mounted and displayed on the wall. If anything is disrespectfulto the ones saying putting bulbs or hats on them is disrespectful. I would advise you to take your mounts down and give them the proper burial that they deserve.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

There's nothing disrespectful about blowing a hole through a deer, nor showing wound photos online. Deer get messed up out there; that's a simple fact of hunting. When we can all learn from each other's successes and failures, and improve our own hunting skills, we are really doing animals a great service.

I say go ahead and post whatever deer photos you want. I certainly want to know what cartridges are most effective at various yardages, and which will cleanly drop an animal without destroying too much meat. We owe it to our prey to learn as much as we possibly can.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with the above except on one point.

Why do people think we "owe" anything to an animal? The goal of hunting is to kill an animal. I don't owe it anything. If anything, I'll thank God for putting it there, but the pig or deer or whatever gets nothing but a bullet from me.

I try really hard for clean kills. So I don't have to track them. So I don't waste the meat if I can't find it before sundown. I really don't care too much about it suffering. I'm not trying to sound cold, but my purpose is to kill it. Talking about respect, or oweing the animals, or not letting it suffer is just a way to make us feel better about killing an animal. I think we've also been brain washed to worry too much about what the non-hunting portion of society thinks about us. Maybe if we talk about it being spiritual and try not to let it suffer, they will like us better.

I'm out there to kill something. I don't think it matters how much pain if feels. It's gonna die.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

I agree with the above except on one point.

Why do people think we "owe" anything to an animal? The goal of hunting is to kill an animal. I don't owe it anything. If anything, I'll thank God for putting it there, but the pig or deer or whatever gets nothing but a bullet from me.
I'm just saying that as long as we are killing animals, the least we can do is try to make it as quick and painless as possible. There's no reason, IMHO, to take chances and make risky shots that may wound a deer without putting them down for the count.

I guess it boils down to empathy. If I werewalking through the woods, I wouldn't want someone to shoot me in the @$$ or the gutsso I lay there slowly bleedingto death in the cold. I hunt to getmeat, not make animals suffer any more than necessary to get that meat.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:20 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Some people have no compassion for animals. I suspect that it is ok in the grand scheme of things but try to hurt one of my dogs and see how much compassion I have for my animals. You'll find out real quick!

Quick Reply: what's with all the exit wound Pics?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.