Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 what's with all the exit wound Pics? >

what's with all the exit wound Pics?

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

what's with all the exit wound Pics?

Old 11-23-2006, 10:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: what's with all the exit wound Pics?

I think graphic hunting pics are very valuable from an educational viewpoint. Certainly label them so that those that can't handle the realities of it don't get offended, and that those with children viewing can choose to prepare them properly before seeing it, but by all means share the pics.

Anyone who hunts should be able to handle it, and those who don't should be advised that sharing this type of info within our ranks is essential to help create better hunters and bloodtrailers. This is only one of many things that can help lead to proper weapon selection, bullet choice,good shot selection, and a solid knowledge of what to expect when you hit one.
I'd hate to have a new hunter go into the field and find himself unprepared for the blood, guts, and gore of it. I know 2 people that gave up hunting after their first kill because they didn't expect what they were bound to witness. I don't fault them for their reaction as hunting is not for everyone, but it's only fair for them to be presented with an honestpresentation of the facts before choosing to hunt.

I say teach, and do it realistically. Take a good clean trophy photo for general display, but don't hesitate to take and share theother pics too.
Old 11-23-2006, 10:46 AM
Fork Horn

I encourage everyone to voice their opinion on this.
Old 11-23-2006, 11:01 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Ruddyduck

I field dress my own game & butcher it also.
Where do you keep your puke bucket and kleenexes???

One doesn't need a pic of an exit wound to know how the latest and greatest of some 300 lazzeroni mega mag would do or in that matter any round.
A picture is worth a thousand words. Don't forget I also commented on the bullet used. This is known as a field report.

but true hunters have respect for the animals they hunt and IMHO these type of pics have no use.
You don't see a cigar hanging from its mouth? There is no disrespect. If they have no use....don't look at them. It's that easy.

Old 11-23-2006, 11:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think it is very respectful to game. I look at the exit wounds to know what kind of bullet I want to use in the future. I want a bullet that will do it's job but not over do it either.

Tom
Old 11-23-2006, 11:39 AM
bigcountry

Its a guns and ammo page. We discuss guns and terminal performance. Not sure what to say. Its really thats simple.

Old 11-23-2006, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I thought about it a little .....you know what I think is disrespectful to harvested animals? My inlaws family has an old heirloom mount that their grandfather killed, but none of them hunt. At Christmas each year they put a santa claus hat and hand bulbs off his antlers, that is disrepectful to me. But since they dont hunt I dont say anything.
Old 11-23-2006, 06:48 PM

ORIGINAL: mossy33oak

I thought about it a little .....you know what I think is disrespectful to harvested animals? My inlaws family has an old heirloom mount that their grandfather killed, but none of them hunt. At Christmas each year they put a santa claus hat and hand bulbs off his antlers, that is disrepectful to me. But since they dont hunt I dont say anything.
I know some people may find that funny, but I agree mossy.
Old 12-10-2006, 08:14 PM

ORIGINAL: Chantecler111

ORIGINAL: mossy33oak

I know some people may find that funny, but I agree mossy.
I've had a simular issue here, wife kept hanging ball caps off of a small 7pt rack I had kept, 1st bow kill, in my computer room.. drove me nuts till I finally sat her down and explained the problem. As far as graphic pics, label them in the subject to avoid offending the delicate and post away.. email me spares as I like the data for future weapon selections.
Old 12-10-2006, 08:40 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Anyone that field dresses an animal cannot seriously be turned off by an exit wound unless its the "other personality" that surfaces while on the computer. Come on guys, gutting an animal is a whole lot more gory than looking at an exit wound. Respect? Respect is not showing the animal's tongue hanging out or a gut pile beside animal when the picture is taken. The wound is technical information that leads us to bullet or arrow that ends the animal's life quickly and humanely and respect is an emotional presentation of the deer's end. Just one man's opinion.
Old 12-10-2006, 09:01 PM

The reason why someone would take a tasteful picture is b/c of a couple reasons. It shows you respect the animal enough to honor it, it shows the pride you take in hunting and it shows your willing to show some tact for others. If you post a pic w/ an exit wound it doesn't mean you posses all or non of thest traits, some of us just view things differently.

Some don't see it as offensive. I would put my beer down to take a family photo at a get together, but some people wouldn't, ok alot of people on here wouldn't .

Quick Reply: what's with all the exit wound Pics?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.