Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 What are these shotguns worth? >

What are these shotguns worth?

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

What are these shotguns worth?

Old 11-02-2006, 01:28 PM

Default What are these shotguns worth?

Hey guys and gals,

I am trying to find out the value of a couple of shotguns I own. I am considering selling them to buy a couple of other guns I am wanting.

1) Franchi 48/al, 12 ga., 2 3/4, ribbed barrel , silver looking reciever area with hunting etchings on it, New - never been fired. No screw in choke, Barrel says MOD.

2 ) Franchi 48 /al, 20 ga., 2 3/4, ribbed barrel, silver looking reciever area with hunting etchings on it, new - never been fired.No screw in choke, Barrel says IMP. Cyl.

Any help you can give me in valuing these guns is appreciated. Even if it is only a direction to a place to find out. I don't mind doing my own legwork, I just have not been able to find much on the internet to get a value.

Thanks
Old 11-02-2006, 03:34 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-02-2006, 03:49 PM

Default RE: What are these shotguns worth?

Nope, no boxes. But they have been kept clean, oiled, and lock in my gun cabinet for years. I got them after my father died, they were his guns. He never put a round through them, he just bought them because he liked Franchi's and Belgian Browning's. He thought with the etchings that they were beautiful guns, and he liked looking at them, and polishing them.

I would keep them, but I know that I will never use them. I have other shotguns I would use if I needed one,and the guns are not my dad, it is just a memory, and I'll always have that,even without the guns. But there are a couple of guns I will use, a new rifle and a TC Encore pistol,that I think he would be ok with me getting in place of the Franchi's.

Sorry if I am sounding wierd, talking like that, but my dad meant a lot to me, and he has been gone for about 14 years, and I still miss him.

But thanks for the reply and answer. It gives me something to think about.

Have a great evening.

God Bless
Old 11-02-2006, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MichaelT.

Hey guys and gals,

I am trying to find out the value of a couple of shotguns I own. I am considering selling them to buy a couple of other guns I am wanting.

1) Franchi 48/al, 12 ga., 2 3/4, ribbed barrel , silver looking reciever area with hunting etchings on it, New - never been fired.

2 ) Franchi 48 /al, 20 ga., 2 3/4, ribbed barrel, silver looking reciever area with hunting etchings on it, new - never been fired.

Any help you can give me in valuing these guns is appreciated. Even if it is only a direction to a place to find out. I don't mind doing my own legwork, I just have not been able to find much on the internet to get a value.

Thanks
They are both worth $415-$420 in 100% condition. Add $35 for internal Franchokes.

Old 11-02-2006, 03:55 PM

I wish I had some extra cash right now, I would buy one in a heartbeat. They are excellent upland guns.

You might want to advertise over at Shotgunworld.com.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:44 PM

They are great guns. My first hunting trip was with my dad, my uncle , and a cousin. My uncle had a 20 ga. Franchi that they gave me to use that day. A very light gun, easy to carry. It beat the hell out of me, leaving a big bruse on my shoulder. It was my first time out and I did not know a lot about the proper way to shoulder a shotgun. They were all trying to teach me that day. I just happened to get lucky and get a light gun that had a kick to it. But I did take several quail down that day, and it became a great memory, ....... after the pain in my shoulder went away...LOL...

Oh and B.T.W. - the barrel does state that they have an MOD. 12 ga. and IMP. CYL. 20 ga. choke.

Old 11-05-2006, 01:31 PM

Brutal Attack,

Where did you get those figures? Is that out of the B.B. and if so what year?
Old 11-05-2006, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MichaelT.

Brutal Attack,

Where did you get those figures? Is that out of the B.B. and if so what year?
I got them from the most current Blue Book. Of course they are a guideline not the Gospel.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:41 AM

OK , thanks B.A.