Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

[Deleted]

Old 10-27-2006, 08:08 PM

Default RE: Good Rifle for Overweight man

I don't think he needs to worry about using a .243 or anything. I think he could handle at .308 as well as most of us. What's more important is the fit of the stock, and the eye relief of the scope. I agree that the BLR lever would likely be easier to cycle and is light in weight to hold up. God Bless him.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:18 PM

My baby sister was ounce over 400 lbs and pretty much an invilid. She had the bypass and lost 250 lbs, and was a new person. She has since gained several lbs back, just proving that when you live to eat you will be large! I too am having some weight problems as of late. I was recently started on B.P. medicine and since starting I've gained several lbs. It doesn't matter what I eat It's going to find a place to stick, talk about feeling helpless!
Old 10-28-2006, 09:24 AM
DM

I'm NOT makeing light of your friends situation as i've never considered myself a light weight either.... Anyway on another forum a guy in a wheelchair asked if, he "fired a heavy recoiling rifle" from his wheelchair would it be considered "light artillery??"

hahahahahahaaa that just struck me as rather funny and i hope you see the humor in it too...

DM
Old 10-28-2006, 09:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Magnum_Man_300

Update: My friend who I spoke of, apparently had a seizure last night and is in the hospital.
I hope your friend is alright and doing better.
My best wishes
Old 10-28-2006, 01:50 PM

I hope he can find a way through this - being a 220lb 6'4" man I don't have any bearing on what it's like to be overweight, must be aweful. I've come to understand that while some people do it to themselves through poor choices and lack of exercise, it's difficult to avoid for others with genetic predispositions or mental imbalances that drive them to eat or feel like they're starving. it's just a survival instinct that's gone too far. getting that heavy can be just as hard as getting thin again.

I hope he makes a quick recovery and that surgery works out for him.
Old 10-28-2006, 04:35 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-29-2006, 04:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hairtrigger

Hate to be a downer but I have 2 friends that have had that surgery.
One lasted 3 years or so the other was on his death bed twice within the first 2 years. Now he is about 4 years into it and is a changed man!
kinda hated to read your post but I beleive it a good friend of mine had the surgery done aswell about a year ago. hes been in and out of the hospital atleast 2 dozen times for hemoraging, hope i spelled that right lol. he wasnt really all that overweight in my opinion, maybe 150 lbs over weight I wish he didnt have the surgery I worry about him all the time. seems the surgery is supposed to be the new and greatest thing for us fat people..... IMO i think its the lazy way out and then they pay for it by being sick all the time...

magnum mans buddy might not have had much choice though at over 700 lbs the surgery may have been the only way to prolong his life.

magnum i read your other post sorry your friend past away before he had the chance of maybe prolonging his life.