Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Tikka Vs Rem >

Tikka Vs Rem

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Tikka Vs Rem

Old 10-24-2006, 07:24 PM
Fork Horn

Default Tikka Vs Rem

I posted this in the Firearm Review Forum but I figured I'd catch different folks in each Forum. Thanks.

Here's my delima. I bought a Win Mod 70 Ultimate Shawdow SS 300wsm this summer. I have put $125 worth of different ammos at dealer cost throught it and I can not get it honed in to my liking. It will shoot 1 or 2 in the zone and then 3 and 4 will be high and right or vice versa. I've tried a different scope and its the same story. I'm done with it. The gun was out of the box whenI bought it. I was told it was a demo gun that was never shot but now I'm wondering if it was dropped or something. My dad, one of my friends, and I have all shot it and all have had the same results with it. So here's my next step...trade it in and get another gun...

I looked at the Rem SPS before I got this one and I like it. I've hada 700adl 270 since I can remember. It shoots dime groups 100yds.

I have looked at the Tikka's and from what I've read on here it seems to be a popular gun.

Why do you guys like the Tikka's and would you suggest one over a rem?
T3Lite 300wsm or SPS 300wsm is what I would get. $$$ wise the Tika is a little more but if its a better gun I would get it.

THANKS!
RH
Old 10-24-2006, 07:46 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-24-2006, 08:19 PM

Default RE: Tikka Vs Rem

I had a Winchester Mod 70 300 win mag for 12 yrs and it was all over the place. traded it for a new Tikka T3 300 win mag and wow what a differance. Sweet shooter! Very Very accurate! Can't believe the differance. Love my Tikka! But if you have the moneythe SAKO finlight is even sweeter.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:50 PM

Why gamble, just get a savage and be safe, also save some money for ammo.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd get the Tikka if it was me. The actions are sooo much sweeeter, triggers are sooo much better, and they shoot sooo much better.

There that oughta stir up the pot!

You can't really go wrong with either gun. Get the one that fits you the best. I have both, both shoot better than I can hold 'em. The Tikka is an all around smoother gun in my opinion.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like the Tikka better as well. Comes from the factory with a free floated barrel, a much better trigger that you can easily adjust down to 2lbs , an action that's slicker than snot on a door knob and a set of scope rings. And man are they shooters for a gun in this price range.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tikka. Best buy on the market right now.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll admit, I'm a Remington fan, but if it was my choice between a Remington or a Tikka, I'd take the Tikka. By the way guys, I heard that Brownings are made in Japan, what about the Remingtons? Are they also made overseas?
If Remington is not "made in the USA", any gun that is isreally pathetic these days. Henrysare made in America, and they're pretty low-quality.
Not like the good ones in the old days with the ginourmously long barrels!
Old 10-25-2006, 08:54 AM
Dominant Buck

Tikka, Sako quality with a reasonable price tag!
Old 10-25-2006, 05:11 PM

I recently traded my Rem ADL for a Tikka T3. I like Remys, but theTikka's are better quality and the triggers are awesome. Because their light, they will thump you on the bench though.

A very accurate sweet gun.

Quick Reply: Tikka Vs Rem

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.