Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 What is my Desert Eagle 44mag worth on trade in for a rifle? >

What is my Desert Eagle 44mag worth on trade in for a rifle?

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

What is my Desert Eagle 44mag worth on trade in for a rifle?

Old 10-23-2006, 06:38 PM
Spike

Default What is my Desert Eagle 44mag worth on trade in for a rifle?

I have a Desert Eagle 44 Mag that's in real good condition. I never shoot it and it's too big to carry around so it just sit's in my safe. Here lately I've been thinking about trading it in on a new 270. I currently have a nice Weatherby 7mm mag but I figure I could get more use out of the 270 than I could the pistol. I called a gunshop today and they wouldn't even give me an idea of what it would be worth on a trade in without looking at it. Before I go looking for a trade I would like to know whats the least I should take for it? I don't want to get taken for a ride. I blue booked it once before and it was worth a pretty good chunk but for trading, I may not expect as much. What's the bottom dollar you would take for this gun on a trade in. I'm not desperate, but I want to be reasonable. Here are two pics that I just took of it.
http://www.v-tamr.com/temp/DesertEagle1.jpg
http://www.v-tamr.com/temp/DesertEagle2.jpg

Old 10-23-2006, 06:39 PM

Default RE: What is my Desert Eagle 44mag worth on trade in for a rifle?

700$
Old 10-23-2006, 10:54 PM

yeah i agree i would take no less than $700 for it. also depending on the finish. the blued ones i would take $700 for but the stainless and titanium plated one i would have to up the price a bit.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:34 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-24-2006, 06:56 PM
Spike

Thanks everyone. You all seem pretty consistent so I won't take less than $700. I was thinking today that maybe I should wait till February to trade since that is when duck and every other season will be over. Am I thinking in the right direction that after modern gun season that a lot of deer hunters will trade rifles in on new shotguns for duck hunting? Plus I would think the gun shops would slow down and be more reasonable on their deals to try and get some business durring the slow part of the year.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:26 PM

You also have the holidays coming up. Don't know if that makes a big difference or not, but a 44DE certainly has some novelty to it.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:20 PM

I would say $200 dollars, so you better send it to me as the check is in the mail.
Old 10-25-2006, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Stainless

I have a Desert Eagle 44 Mag that's in real good condition. I never shoot it and it's too big to carry around so it just sit's in my safe. Here lately I've been thinking about trading it in on a new 270. I currently have a nice Weatherby 7mm mag but I figure I could get more use out of the 270 than I could the pistol. I called a gunshop today and they wouldn't even give me an idea of what it would be worth on a trade in without looking at it. Before I go looking for a trade I would like to know whats the least I should take for it? I don't want to get taken for a ride. I blue booked it once before and it was worth a pretty good chunk but for trading, I may not expect as much. What's the bottom dollar you would take for this gun on a trade in. I'm not desperate, but I want to be reasonable. Here are two pics that I just took of it.
THere are three different versions of .44 Desert Eagles: The Mark I, Mark XIX and Mark VII.

I'm guess that yours is the Mark I since it has the distinctive teardrop shaped safety lever and single serration on the slide release.

Your gun appears to be in 95-98% condition.

Blue book on these models is $750-775 for 95% or $850 to $950 in 98%.

Then you can subtract ~25% for the dealers profit.

So under $600 is very possible depending on what you do with it.

I would sell it to a private part you'll likely get more money.
Old 10-26-2006, 02:18 AM

ORIGINAL: Stainless

That came out in the mid 80s I believe the357 was first.. Keep it..Sale it at a flea market...900 easy...