Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Remington warranty question

Old 10-22-2006, 04:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default Remington warranty question

I was wondering if I had a trigger job done on my remington if this voids the warranty. It will be performed by a gunsmith if that make a difference.
Old 10-22-2006, 04:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Remington warranty question

ORIGINAL: pahntr760

I was wondering if I had a trigger job done on my remington if this voids the warranty. It will be performed by a gunsmith if that make a difference.
Read your manual. But I think if the modification is done by a Remington Service Center it won't void it.

Ask your gunsmith if he is certified by Remington.
Old 10-22-2006, 09:19 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the input. I will read the manual and call around to the gunsmiths and find out what I can. I just think a little bit crisper trigger will help my shooting a bit. What do you think? Does it really have enough benefit to have trigger work done or is it really a preference thing? I was thinking of lightening it up to 2.5 lbs.
Old 10-22-2006, 09:45 PM
bigcountry

Won't void it on the gun, but voids it on the trigger. If you send the gun in to remington, be warned, they will yank your nicely adjusted trigger off, and then put a crappy 10lb trigger back on and charge you like 40 dollars for it. Before sending in a rifle, take the trigger off.

Old 10-22-2006, 11:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

BC said it but if all you do is have it adjusted with the factory at most they will reset back to factory specs and may charge you for the "service".

I'd have it done anyways, makes a big difference. Though 2.5lbs for a biggame hunting rig is a little light for me.I prefer 3lbs clean/crisp pull,to account for gloves during hunting.
Old 10-23-2006, 03:21 AM

It's worth it.
Don't take the trigger off if you send it to Remington forwarranty work. You'll just end up paying for the trigger they put on it before sending it back to you.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:18 AM
Dominant Buck

Yes!
Old 10-23-2006, 07:58 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: ranger140892

It's worth it.
Don't take the trigger off if you send it to Remington forwarranty work. You'll just end up paying for the trigger they put on it before sending it back to you.
Not at all. Totally bogus info. Call Remington Warranty line. A action does not have to have a trigger to leave remington. Done it too many times. Are you saying they charged you with a trigger cause you took it off. Or you going on heresay?

Old 10-23-2006, 07:59 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

Yes!
How do ya figure?

Old 10-23-2006, 08:04 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

Yes!
How do ya figure?
By calling Remington and asking them! Been there done that!

Quick Reply: Remington warranty question

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.