Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Remington warranty question

Old 10-23-2006, 08:09 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: Remington warranty question

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

ORIGINAL: pahntr760

I was wondering if I had a trigger job done on my remington if this voids the warranty. It will be performed by a gunsmith if that make a difference.

Yes!
How do ya figure?
By calling Remington and asking them! Been there done that!
You got the shaft, or talked to the wrong personwho doesn't know what they are talking about. Iknow myself I have sent in 4 rifles in the past 10years, and the first one, I had the trigger mess where they took off my nice crisp 2lb trigger and replaced it, and since then the other3, I took thier advise and just took the trigger off. Always recieved it back, warranty in tact, no problems whatsoever.

Gunsmith has sent in dozens also, same deal.

Old 10-23-2006, 08:20 AM
Dominant Buck

Firearm Warranty Information

Who and what is covered by this warranty and for how long?
Remington warrants to you, the original purchaser of a new Remington firearm, that from the date of purchase, your Remington firearm will be free from defects in material and workmanship. Some limitations apply; select a model from the list on the right for specific warranty details.
What is not covered by this warranty?
We will not cover damage of your firearm caused by:[*]
Failure to provide proper care and maintenance[*]
Accidents, abuse or misuse[*]
Barrel obstruction[*]
Hand loaded, reloaded or improper ammunition[*]
Unauthorized adjustments, repairs or modifications[*]
Normal wear and tear
[ul][/ul]
What will Remington do if you discover a defect?
If you make a claim within the warranty period following the instructions given in the specific model's owner's manual, we will, at our option, repair the defect(s), or replace the firearm at no cost to you. If we send you a new firearm, we will keep the defective one.
What is excluded from this warranty?
Remington excludes and will not pay incidental or consequential damages under this warranty. By this we mean any loss, expense or damages other than to repair the defects in the firearm or replace the firearm. No implied warranties extend beyond the term of this written warranty. PLEASE NOTE: Some jurisdictions do not allow exclusion of incidental or consequential damages, or limitation on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above exclusion and limitations may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:28 AM
bigcountry

Exactly thank you for posting that proving even further that you need to remove the trigger. A monkey can do it. Thanks for helping Rebel.

Old 10-23-2006, 08:31 AM
Dominant Buck

Exactly thank you for posting that proving even further that you need to remove the trigger. A monkey can do it. Thanks for helping Rebel.

Unauthorized adjustments, repairs or modifications

If you temper with the trigger and get it messed up, you will pay for a new one. NOT UNDER WARANNTY!!!

Old 10-23-2006, 08:33 AM
bigcountry

Unauthorized adjustments, repairs or modifications

If you temper with the trigger and get it messed up, you will pay for a new one. NOT UNDER WARANNTY!!!

You might, I don't', and won't. Have fun. I got to ask, have you ever sent one back without a trigger? What happened? I am talking barreled action alone?

Old 10-23-2006, 08:40 AM
Dominant Buck

The original question by the poster of this thread, is asking about the Trigger and I answered yes. If you mess with the trigger and mess it up, Remington will bill you for a new one.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:01 AM
bigcountry

The original question by the poster of this thread, is asking about the Trigger and I answered yes. If you mess with the trigger and mess it up, Remington will bill you for a new one.
Ok, your right. Thats what they did to me. Sorry. But I was tryign to explain remove the trigger. Many sorrys

Old 10-23-2006, 09:13 AM
Dominant Buck

Ok, your right. Thats what they did to me. Sorry. But I was tryign to explain remove the trigger. Many sorrys
Excepted!You big Bear!
Old 10-23-2006, 09:15 AM
bigcountry

goodness, I just had a runin with my boss, yelled at people on the road, picked a fight with my wife, boy, its monday. I need some happy juice.

Old 10-23-2006, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: pahntr760

I was wondering if I had a trigger job done on my remington if this voids the warranty. It will be performed by a gunsmith if that make a difference.
Won't void it on the gun, but voids it on the trigger. If you send the gun in to remington, be warned, they will yank your nicely adjusted trigger off, and then put a crappy 10lb trigger back on and charge you like 40 dollars for it. Before sending in a rifle, take the trigger off.
Why do you say that?I gathered that he wastalking about adjusting the trigger pull on the factory trigger,not putting on an aftermarket trigger.

If a "Remington Authorized Service Center" does the modification it doesn't say anything about voiding any warranty.

I will quote the manual:

Only a qualified service facility should service, repair or modify your Remington firearm. Consult your instruction book for instructions on how to send your firearm to the factory or for the location of the nearest Remington Authorized Service Center.

Seems to me that he would be just fine having a Authorized Service Center change his trigger pull weight for him on the factory trigger.

Quick Reply: Remington warranty question

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.