Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

why do you practice so much

Old 10-20-2006, 08:49 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: why do you practice so much

I don't know anybody that sits and shoots the same holes over and over at 100 yards. Usually I do load development at 100 yards then shoot further and further. Is there anyone on this board you know that does this 100 yards 1000 times a month thing?

Old 10-20-2006, 08:52 PM

well pretty easy question to me. why do the pro teams practice all year round, why hold training camps? why not as said by xrexpilot just hold a practice or 2 before the big game and call it good. wow ya pretty easy to tell isnt it.there are alot of animals die each year from people who are satisfied with shooting a few rounds before season and calling it good. especially with a bow. it is so easy to have the perfect shot be screwed up just a fraction and cost you taht big buck or whatever because you hadnt practiced that angle or that yardage or just plain not much at all.
Old 10-20-2006, 08:57 PM

you know taht isnt a bad idea now that i think of it. i believe i shall mail a letter to all profesional leagues and associations and tell them to cut the training camps and practice crap and only hold 2 practices before season openers because all the players are "proficient" and dont really need the practice.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

yes I have read of people going to " practice" twice a week. Just shooting isnt practicing.
Take your rifle out and put one in the x ring at 200 yds on the very first shot. Not after 3 -10 rounds.
The very first shot is the one that counts. To keep shooting with bad habits is not practicing.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:09 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: zrexpilot

yes I have read of people going to " practice" twice a week. Just shooting isnt practicing.
Take your rifle out and put one in the x ring at 200 yds on the very first shot. Not after 3 -10 rounds.
The very first shot is the one that counts. To keep shooting with bad habits is not practicing.
How much experience do you have to make that statement? Practice makes perfect. If you don't like shooting, don't go. This page probably isn't for you.

Old 10-20-2006, 09:10 PM

agreed.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:14 PM
Fork Horn

I third the motion, all in favor say 'I'.

Acually, "just shooting" is practice. Thats like saying running drills isnt playing football. Its an important part of what we, as ethical hunter, do.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

perfect practice make perfect. Not repetitive shooting. Thats not practice.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:26 PM

i have a friend who graduated2 years agoand is the army. he is stationed in iraq and we are still able to talk pretty regularly. he and i have talked alot about this topic. the military pays a boat load of money to teach every soldier to shoot. why? cuz practice always pays in the end. while in basic out of the 7 day week they were live firing 5 of those days. now does that tell you something. lets see the United States Of AMERICA'S armed forces find practice shooting beneficial.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:38 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: zrexpilot

perfect practice make perfect. Not repetitive shooting. Thats not practice.
Like I said, if you don't like shooting, don't. Others do.

Quick Reply: why do you practice so much

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.