Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Left-handed Shooter looking for a shotgun >

Left-handed Shooter looking for a shotgun

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Left-handed Shooter looking for a shotgun

Old 01-13-2002, 07:16 PM
Spike

Default Left-handed Shooter looking for a shotgun

I've been plagued with having a dominant left eye as well as being left-handed. I'm currently looking for a 12 gauge shotgun and really have my heart set on a Remington 870 Express Super Magnum. From what I see, this gun isn't offered to left hand shooters only the 870 Express is.

My question is, should I go with the left -handed shotgun or would it be OK to go with the Magnum in the right handed model and fight through some of the pains. (i.e. safety being opposite, casings coming out infront of me instead of out ot the side, etc.)

Just looking for some input.

Cheers
bitsdoo
Old 01-13-2002, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Left-handed Shooter looking for a shotgun

Bits...I am also a lefty. While I have a few left handed guns, I find it easier to deal with the inconveniences in most cases than to fine a left handed gun. I like to buy most guns used, and they're hard to find in left handed models.

JMHO
Old 01-13-2002, 08:43 PM
Spike

I am a lefty also. I have never shot a left handed gun in my 30 years of shooting and I have shot a bunch of different guns. I own automatics & deal with the shells coming out in front of my face. I have got used to it.
Deano
Old 01-13-2002, 09:06 PM
Fork Horn

you can go with a left handed gun or an ambidexrous one ithaca and browning pumps both eject from the bottom the browning has the saftey on top of the reciever the ithaca you would have to get a lefty saftey and have a gunsmith put it in took about five minutes for the one i had done if you want to go with an auto get a lefty for saftey sake or go with a o/u or s/s with the saftey on top of the tang good luck
Old 01-14-2002, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

HOSS has a good idea. The Brownings are nice.
Old 01-14-2002, 06:50 PM

If you have to choose between ithaca and browning go ithaca. My whole family has brownings and ithacas. The ithaca is amazing. You can beat it...parts are everwhere sohld u need one, i havend and my ithacas are 50 and 30 yards old and function like the day they were outa the box. all machinedparts too. they are also made in the usa. Brownign does not need the buisness as much as ithaca does..its a much smaller company with great service. But im also lefty all the way around...Im made myself be a right handed shooter. its easier that way.
Old 01-14-2002, 06:51 PM

its also easier to sell the gun, should you want too