Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

don't do this

Old 10-17-2006, 09:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default don't do this

http://forums.mathewsinc.com/viewtopic.php?t=44529&highlight=
Old 10-17-2006, 10:18 PM

Default RE: don't do this

I don't think that happened..I think it was ment for a joke pic... That bore sighter would of been blown right out of there with no damage to the barrel..
Old 10-17-2006, 11:03 PM

When I was a kid I used to like to watch the trap shooters when they were shooting, and I have seen a shotgun blow apart very similar to that. Here it turned out that the shooter set the muzzle down when reloading and missed the rubber pad on the ground and put a nice dirt plug in theend of the barrel. I dont realy know what ever happened to him but I do remember hehad facial injuries. That was a day I will never forget, as far as to where I was sitting on thepicnic table. I even remember my Mom running over and making me go inside the clubhouseas to not see what was going on.

That was one lesson learned at a real young age. To this day I always always check the muzzle, and never let it touch the ground.

Shane
Old 10-17-2006, 11:10 PM

ORIGINAL: smokeman

I don't think that happened..I think it was ment for a joke pic... That bore sighter would of been blown right out of there with no damage to the barrel..
Really? try it some time.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:25 AM
Typical Buck

I've never seen a rifle barrel split like that. I've seen a shot gun barrel or two do something similar, but never to that extent. Genereally, just the first couple of inches from the muzzle peeled back.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:04 AM
Typical Buck

Looks like a Savage Model 110 to me. I wonder if there isn't some type of safety device in that a barrel spliting like that would release it's energy in alldirections instead of a big blow out on one end.
I don't know just a thought.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:27 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: smokeman

Not at all, obviously you havn't seen the mistake of someoen getting leaves in a shotgun barrel. believe me, it happens. I split a 410 barrel right down when I was 7.

Old 10-18-2006, 12:20 PM

Well, now the barrel will need to be cut down and used as a pistol.
Old 10-18-2006, 02:01 PM

Yes it really does that .just like the picture no joke seen first hand at the range buddy down there gettin in big hurry it was a 270 ruger seriously guys he aint and i aint shiitin eiher some dangerous stuff right there when bore sightin at the range make sure you clear your barrel its easy to get to talking to someone and forget .
Old 10-18-2006, 02:36 PM

Its no joke I can assure you. That is exactly what happens with bore obstructions. I just pray that no one was hurt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.