Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

don't do this

Old 10-18-2006, 03:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: don't do this

I saw that happen on TV when Bugs Bunny put is finger in Elmer Fudd's shotgun
Old 10-18-2006, 03:36 PM

That is crazy!
Old 10-18-2006, 04:36 PM

I seen myth busters try to mushroom the barrels...They plugged them with dirt and even welded a bolt in the barrel,,nothing signicant happened at all to the barrels....The most that happened was from the welded in bolt was the end of the barrel swelled up....If that is real,I wouldn't own a gun like that...
Old 10-18-2006, 05:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

I seen myth busters try to mushroom the barrels...They plugged them with dirt and even welded a bolt in the barrel,,nothing signicant happened at all to the barrels....The most that happened was from the welded in bolt was the end of the barrel swelled up...
Have you ever looked at the arbor on a boresighter?Most are expandable with a wedge inside fingers that are forced against the barrel.Most fixed arbors have hollow centers.In either case,when the bullet strikes them,they are forced open rather than out of the barrel.In fact this is howhollow point or ballistic tip bullets expand so rapidly.The cartridge chosen as well as the bullet usedare also factors.
But if youare so surethat this is fake,I am sure that I can come up with a bore sighter arbor for you to install in your rifle,fire it while holding it yourselfand prove everyone wrong.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:59 PM

You mean thats not how you use a bore sighter??????????
Old 10-18-2006, 09:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have toremember to put that smokeman on my special list.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have toremember to put that smokeman on my special list.
Now why is that,I think that he has the perfect name,he is usually blowing smoke.

Old 10-19-2006, 06:09 AM
Typical Buck

I shot my ramrod out of my Remmy 700 ML one time by accident. It kicked like a friggin mule but thing bad happened to the barrel.

I would have to see it happen to believe it.I think the boresiter would have "given" before the barrel...... Just me though.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:20 AM

I have seen just a little bit of snow blow the side of a 20 ga barrel out ,so if you dont believe its true ill send you an old boresiter so you can do a little myth bustin for yourself then after you buy a new gun you can post your pictures of your blown op one. and the **** stains in your britches...ill need a mailing address .please.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think the boresiter would have "given" before the barrel...... Just me though.
Did you not notice that the collet was missing completely?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.