Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Homemade Targets >

Homemade Targets

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Homemade Targets

Old 09-12-2006, 09:05 AM

Default Homemade Targets

I make some of my own targets, and notice once in a while, through pics that others must as well.
I use white or light colored cardboard, cover with clear packing tape, spray with black paint and then use some red or yellow tape to put an "X" on it. I find it easier to see hits by doing this. Anyone do something similiar or different? Any good suggestions?
Old 09-12-2006, 09:23 AM

Default RE: Homemade Targets

i know this isn't at all what you mean to get in respsponse, but... red dixie cups filled with flour are pretty fun.
Old 09-12-2006, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

My targets consist of black circles or diamonds on a 1” grid printed on 8-1/2” x 11” paper. The paper is 3 hole punched for keeping in my log binder. I also find targets on the net for printing. These works well for shooting at 100 yards but are somewhat small for 200 yards and beyond...
Old 09-12-2006, 09:25 PM
Typical Buck

I have what is about a 3' x 3' plastic cardboard looking thing that I use. I used to stick Shoot-n-See targets on it. Since then I got cheap and just taped the whole target with gray tape. Now I can place many 1" circle targets all over the 3x3' target and not interfer with the others while sighting in or checking groups.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:59 AM
Typical Buck

My shooting buddy came up with this years ago,we use them to shoot 300 yds and beyond.On a good day you can see big bullets with the naked eye at 300 yds.At 100 and 200 we just use printing paper or card board with 1/2 in or 1 in circles.I like the small see em dots myself.If you're not useing a black target you can usually see the bullet holes with a scope or spotting scope.
Below is what ours look like

Old 09-13-2006, 08:02 AM

Herman, is the target in the pic made in a similar fashion to how I described making mine?
Old 09-13-2006, 11:23 AM
Typical Buck

Yes they are made the same way,they are cheap to make.Afriend that owns a gun shop supplies me with the white sided cardboard,I get the tape at the dollar store for a buck a roll,and a can of flat black paint for a buck.And use a bottle of white out to trace the circles or squares.

Old 09-13-2006, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I created my own using Microsoft Excel and print them out with a laser printer on 60lb 8.5 X 11 paper. I keep them in notebooks for later reference. Thereare also several places on the internet that have free targets that I have used.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:32 PM
Typical Buck

The targets you lazer print do they show the bullet holes like the targets that red lion is talking about?If so I have a hp deskjet will it work?
Old 09-13-2006, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

The targets that I mentioned are also made with a power cadd software and printed on a laser printer but will not show up as good as the picture. That’s why I have a spotting scope when heading out to the range. The deskjet with the ink cartridge will work but the ink will run if any water gets on the target, not that it really matters if your going to throw them away. I prefer using a laser printer myself...

Quick Reply: Homemade Targets

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.