Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Remington ammo >

Remington ammo

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Remington ammo

Old 11-11-2002, 08:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Remington ammo

Hmmm i can't remember the last time I had factory ammo that didn't fire irregardless of what manufacturer...I have used corelockts on deer with very good results never have used them on bigger game but wouldn't hesitate if they grouped reasonably out of whatever rifle I am using. Do they shoot as well as Federal Premium or Hornady i really haven't formed an opinion on that. Take 10 remington or whatever rifles off a production run and shoot them with the same ammo I am betting not one will shoot exactly the same as another in that run. Interesting thing happened yesterday at the range though...a fellow member had just bought a old 700 BDL left hand in 7 mag from another member with a simmons scope on it for 300 bucks(Where the heck am I when these deals get made) he could not chamber a round in it from a box of new Remington Corlockts...i looked the gun over real well and then I asked him for a couple of rounds and they fed well and then I looked at the cartridge in question and bingo it was a 300 win mag. I told him to immediately call the store where he purchased the ammo and report this...I am almost 100% sure that some idiot was taking bullets out of boxes of ammo and looking at them and then put this one back in the wrong box. I sure hope he followed my advice.
Old 11-11-2002, 11:45 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-11-2002, 03:43 PM
Typical Buck

I've used Remington "core'lokt" for years. I've never have had a problem with them. I think that the "Core-lokt" bullet is the best of the 3 major ammunition makers. The 15 or 16 elk I've taken in Colorado will attest to that. Throw in a couple of black bear, antelope, mule deer-----Well, I'm going to stick to the 180 grain "Core-lokt" out of my 30/06.
Old 11-17-2002, 02:34 PM
Fork Horn

I had an experience yesterday that I will never forget and I was using the Rem 870 Mag 12 guage with 3" Rem Magnum Sluggers.

Missed a big 10 pointer when the gun went click twice. The deer was only 5 yards away. I could of had a better chance jumping it with my knife.

It was the perfect hunt right up until then. Anyone else have these problems with Remington Sluggers. They shot the most accurate of all out of the Paradox barrel I have mounted on the 870. But I will never use them again.

Never had a problem with that gun before. It was the first really cold day I was out hunting with it this year though. Maybe it's the oil I was using or the mech was dirty. It didn't seem bad. The third shot went off fine but the buck didn't present the best of shots by then.

GOD BLESS
Charlie Patrick
Eastern Ontario Guided Adventures http://www3.sympatico.ca/chazpat/wildcanada.html
Old 11-17-2002, 06:10 PM
Spike

I generally reload my ammo but I buy Remington factory shells to test new guns with and have had excellent performance out of it. In my 6MM Remington the 100 grain bullet shoots 3 shots into 1/2 inch and my reloads can only match this not beat it. I killed a huge muley at 300 yards with a hit in the neck with the 150 grain PSPCL out of my 30-06 when the Airline refused to let me ship my reloads because they were not in the "original factory box", the plastic containers not being legal. I have had good results with all factory ammo I have tried except Hanson.
Old 11-17-2002, 07:01 PM

Remington ammo is the only brand I've ever had misfires with. I had a box of 30-30 ammo that misfired about half of the box six or seven years ago. Since then I've absolutely refused to hunt with or buy remington ammo. I handloaded for everything other than the 30-30 but I don't use remington primers for the same reason. I don't trust them.
Old 11-18-2002, 04:13 PM
Fork Horn

Had a bunch of misfires with the Remington in both 35 Rem. and the 270.........cost me a nice 8 pointer. Wrote and e-mailed Remington several times and got $hi% for an answer. Shooting Winchester now and the Remington brass is being reloaded. Once I get the reload down, thats it for all the factory ammo.

10 Pointers
Old 11-18-2002, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

If it works for you use it.There sure has been allot of comments about misfires.So far I haven't experienced a misfire,then again the right deer has presented itself either.That's probably when the misfire will occur. Ruger Redhawk

Support the NRA...Protecting our Gun Rights and Freedoms is everybody's responsibility. Ruger Redhawk A proud NRA Life Member since 1977.
Old 11-18-2002, 05:14 PM

I have used Remington Core lokt bullets for my .270 for 3 years now and have never had a misfire. They work really well on deer and group well enough on paper to feel comfortable with shooting up to 300 yards. I also like the price because I don't feel as bad going to the range and practicing.

Old 11-19-2002, 12:19 PM

see if they shoot well in your rifle because if they do feel free to use them, they will probably work

propmahn
save the world, reload your brass

Quick Reply: Remington ammo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.