Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Remington ammo >

Remington ammo

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Remington ammo

Old 11-08-2002, 11:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Remington ammo

Do any of you use Remington ammo for big game? If so, what kind? My dad had problems with the Rem. bullets not expanding years ago. He switched to winchester and never had a problem again.
I just bought a box of express core-lokt 180 grain pointed soft point 30-06 sprg.
About all I use them for is deer and elk.

"Hey ya'll, watch this"
Old 11-10-2002, 09:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Remington ammo

No. But then, I don't use ANY factory ammo for hunting!! Never have, never will!!

Keep yore powder dry!!
Old 11-10-2002, 09:51 AM
Fork Horn

I personally would never use Remington factory ammo for the simple reason I have known way too many hunters that have had misfires with their ammo. Year after year I hear of complaints that the primers would not go off, and believe me it was not the firing pin of the rifles that was the cause, because the primers had a very good dent in them. I do not hunt, and pass up medium bucks all the time waiting for the real big one I am after, and then to have a misfire when I do see the "big one". I will only shoot handloads period.

Old 11-10-2002, 11:55 AM

i used to use their ammo. two years ago when i owned my 280rem i had a whole entire box of duds. never used them again for hunting.
as for breaking in a gun or using them for practicing with peep sighs? i use them for that since they are cheap.
i am partial to federal.

Old 11-10-2002, 12:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

I use only handloads but several friends use remington loads.I have yet to hear of a misfire.As far as bullet performance the corelokt works well for a cheap factory bullet.

Edited by - stubblejumper on 11/10/2002 13:22:35
Old 11-10-2002, 02:45 PM

Remington ammo is cheaply made. Not inspected enough. I will never use it for hunting.

Guns cause crime, like flies cause garbage.
Old 11-10-2002, 03:13 PM

Between 1988 and 1997 I killed deer (all but 2 years), bear (5), caribou (2), coyotes (lots), and a moose with Core-lokts (150s and 180s) out of a 308. Never had a misfire and never had preformance problems. Switched in 97 to Sierra Gamekings ($7-9 more per box) and still haven't had a problem. If they shoot well in your rifle I'd use them.
Old 11-10-2002, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

This year I've been using Rem.150 gr Core Lokts in my 7mm Rem Mag. It shoots fairly well in my Ruger M-77 MKII and has a taken a nice 5 point so far this year. Shot placement is the key no mater what ammunition you are using............Ruger Redhawk

Support the NRA...Protecting our Gun Rights and Freedoms is everybody's responsibility. Ruger Redhawk A proud NRA Life Member since 1977.
Old 11-10-2002, 11:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry never worth the box they came in my experience, they just wouldn't group like others so they haven't made it to the field with me.

That doesn't mean your gun won't like them, best thing is shoot and see. Let the paper tell you if it is good enough to load and then if so try them. Many say the work fine and are pleased with corelokt, i just ain't one of them.

Edited by - skeeter 7mm on 11/11/2002 00:36:09
Old 11-11-2002, 02:42 AM

I quit using Remington centerfire ammo back in 1986. A ten point buck that I had hunted for a couple of years finally presented a beautiful broadside shot at 60 yards. When I pulled the trigger the gun went C-L-I-C-K!!! and the deer went bye-bye... nice big dent in the primer but no bang. The other 19 shells shot fine from the brand new box.....

Tick a Liberal Off, Buy a Hand Gun!
http://tscott.fws1.com

ONE NATION UNDER GOD!

Quick Reply: Remington ammo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.