Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 need advice on S&W double action trigger >

need advice on S&W double action trigger

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

need advice on S&W double action trigger

Old 08-27-2006, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default need advice on S&W double action trigger

Mrs biscuit wants a .38! I had her & the oldest dotter out shopping for cartridges for little biscuit's Ruger, and she liked the S&W M642 Centennial. (Hammerless.) She will also consider the heavier all steel versions in the Centennial and Bodyguard, and also liked the Taurus titanium blue. The rub is that the DA pull is harder than she likes. I think she remembers the old Colt Diamondback that we had years ago, and I have generally observed that Colts have easier DA pulls. However, they do not have a hammerless or shrouded hammer model. Can we get these pocket pistols worked on by a gunsmith to get the trigger pull down and still be able to effectively fire the cartridges? (As you can see, I don't pretend to be a smith.)

Thanks
Old 09-02-2006, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: need advice on S&W double action trigger

A S&W trigger can be worked on. However you need to shoot the pistol first, most Smith's will smooth themselves out. 38 Special's are cheap. Push a thousand rounds through that baby, then I am pretty sure your problem will be gone, Tom.